Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 12:30:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer on the campsite ?  (Read 10838 times)
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2012, 12:14:36 pm »

Just a quick question fella's.... Is beer now or to be banned on the campsites ?

I know the sales of beer are banned for bikes a week before the event within a 7 mile radius of the circuit.

I heard reports last year of peoples cars were being searched as they came onto the campsites, and the illict golden nectar being removed and confiscated from cars / vans. I know there is now a ban on bottles in the circuit ( Offensive weapons ), but being keen mountaineers it will effect us badly, below the last two years efforts.

An internally lit Nelson's Column 2011

* Le Mans 11 705mod.jpg (1263.41 KB, 2000x3008 - viewed 628 times.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:16:34 pm by Jack the Hat » Logged

The only way is Sideways
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 11:19:51 pm »

2010 was a small Tower bridge and 7 and half ft St Stephens Tower. The above Nelson Column was built to 1 in 10 so was 16ft 9in Tall

* Le mans 2010 147.jpg (452.62 KB, 1204x800 - viewed 480 times.)

The only way is Sideways
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 01:36:25 pm »

There were a number of rumours going around last year, right up to the time people started arriving, about a ban on beer on the campsites.  It turned out that it was exactly that - a rumour.  I believe that, in true French tradition, Messrs Auchan, Leclerc and Carrefour - supported by the likes of M. SuperU - would go out on strike if such a ban were imposed.

We even walked into the circuit carrying beer bottles - never questioned!!

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 03:43:48 pm »

All 14 of us got searched everytime we entered the main gate from our campsite into the circuit, if we were carrying bags. Anything being drunk or held in hand we had to dispose of into the recycling bins by the gate.
24 beers in the case, 24 hours in the race,
 Is the motto we watch the race by; although we do try very hard to keep that theology all week. It would be criminal to stop drinking on the campsites, the thought of some of the great nights that we have had and would be missed out on in the build up without the golden, slightly warm, gassy, amborsia.  angel angel angel
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:45:28 pm by Jack the Hat » Logged

The only way is Sideways
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 05:43:53 pm »

I think it's just glass bottles, due to bikers throwing them. I'm sure the shops will be selling way more can's this year.
I did like to walk round without crunching glass underfoot.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 08:51:49 pm »

There were a number of rumours going around last year, right up to the time people started arriving, about a ban on beer on the campsites.  It turned out that it was exactly that - a rumour.  I believe that, in true French tradition, Messrs Auchan, Leclerc and Carrefour - supported by the likes of M. SuperU - would go out on strike if such a ban were imposed.

We even walked into the circuit carrying beer bottles - never questioned!!

Del

Yep, lots of Hype last year, no problems on site or going into the circuit, bottles in hand and in the cooler, never questioned.
ukcobra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 09:25:33 am »

I recall there were comments last year that Bottles were being banned, and some people reported early on in the week this was accurate. We arrived on the Friday and saw that either the reports were wrong, or the rules had been relaxed and gone back to normal. We were able to bring glass bottled beer into the circuit where we camp, and we were not stopped from walking around drinking from glass bottles.

It is my belief that without the volumes of beer sold, Le Mans would not quite have the same atmosphere, and given the Economic situation in the EU right now, I don't think the French will change the status quo right now. It would be very brave and potentially foolish for them to do so.

This year, I'll again be heading down on the Friday, so I'll be checking the updates from the campsites during the week. 5th Anniversary this year. :-)
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 09:30:44 am »

I think that only those campsites within the GA ticket area had the Ban, were were searched once going into Tertre Rouge but it was not to bad.
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 09:55:41 am »

IIRC the local mayor got some sort of temporary injunction banning bottles which affected the people that turned up early in the week but it got overturned by weds/thurs and bottles were allowed.

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 06:38:07 pm »

I know the broken glass is a massive issue and it should be banned on pit walks and so on, but the campsites would not be the same without the sound of stubbie mountains falling over, after someone in a slightly worse for wear condition attempts to place another bottle on.

Is the local Mayor some knid of sad grape juice drinker HuhHuh?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:48:57 pm by Jack the Hat » Logged

The only way is Sideways
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 09:11:17 pm »

at nogaro 5 or so weeks ago security bods tried to stop us taking booze onto the circuit.but not that hard.maybe its ffsa policy or the circuit upping profits.we will find the truth in a month.wine box bags done the front of the shorts may be in order.also makes a good pilow when empty.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
firedamper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 09:17:15 pm »

Dude, the comment of a true professional!!!

what goes on tour, stays on tour
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 12:44:21 pm »

We were searched going into Houx last year and glass bottles were taken off us - Vodka etc.  We then transferred the booze into plastic water bottles.  By the Friday the rule was forgotten.

If you are taking glass into the campsites make sure it is very well hidden.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 06:23:05 pm »

Wooly and I will keep you all updated as we'll be there Sunday PM with David and Erta. Banning beer from LM is just daft...

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 11:45:22 pm »

Won't happen

surely  Angry

sitthee Weds for one or two Rex

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print