Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 07:50:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it too early to panic about the weather yet?  (Read 29333 times)
nickliv

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2012, 05:33:57 pm »

After all, it was fair piddling it down for the bikes.

And yes, I know, 'it always rains at Le Mans'

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 06:17:05 pm »

Was good to watch from the comfort of a warm dry sofa tho!

Smiley
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 06:49:42 pm »

I anticipate that the main concern this year, weather wise at least, is that it will be almost too sunny at times and borderline "bloody hot"

More beer anyone?

Grin

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:16 pm »

I anticipate that the main concern this year, weather wise at least, is that it will be almost too sunny at times and borderline "bloody hot"

More beer anyone?

Grin

Ah yes, the dear old LM weather. Most bizarre times for me were the contrast between 2000 (the hottest race on record) and 2001 (the wettest race on record .. and probably the windiest too!). Somewhere inbetween would be fine  Grin
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 07:52:40 pm »

I can assure you there will be weather at Le Mans this year.   Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 03:43:15 am »

More beer anyone?

Grin

Ah yes, the dear old LM weather. Most bizarre times for me were the contrast between 2000 (the hottest race on record) and 2001 (the wettest race on record .. and probably the windiest too!). Somewhere inbetween would be fine  Grin

Hi Rick,
          having survived both those i am all set for another year.
See you at the races.
Phil
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 10:22:11 am »

Don't fancy the 37 degrees and high humidity that we got for the Classic in 2010. Somewhere in the low to mid 20's would be ideal.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 01:30:27 pm »

Don't fancy the 37 degrees and high humidity that we got for the Classic in 2010.

Remember that far too well unfortunately! Was stuck out at the Playstation chicane on the Friday afternoon shooting grids 3, 4 and 5 during practice with insufficient water and no sunhat. Silly boy. Nice marshall took pity on me, told me to move away from my camera and poured a bottle of (non-drinking) water over me to cool me off! Helped a bit  Wink
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 04:37:19 pm »

I see Accuweather has invested in either a megacomputer or mystic meg as they now forecast up to 25 days in advance see below  Huh

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:42:17 pm by enzo » Logged

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 09:37:26 pm »

My money's on Mystic Meg....

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 10:27:05 pm »

Lazy B, you mention the 37 degrees for the classic a few years ago, that's the sort of temps they're calling for this Sunday, for the Indianapolis 500.  Good fricking grief its going to be hot & muggy.  On top of that I'm still recovering from a nasty motorbike fall that left me with several broken ribs and some injuries to my left leg.  This ought to be a barrel of laughs, but it'll be my 40th 500 so have to grit it out.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 02:45:32 am »

Lazy B, you mention the 37 degrees for the classic a few years ago, that's the sort of temps they're calling for this Sunday, for the Indianapolis 500.  Good fricking grief its going to be hot & muggy.  On top of that I'm still recovering from a nasty motorbike fall that left me with several broken ribs and some injuries to my left leg.  This ought to be a barrel of laughs, but it'll be my 40th 500 so have to grit it out.
Fax

Hi Fax,
         Sorry to hear of your injuries. Hope it does not hurt to breathe. While I am off to Cambridge Ohio on 2 wheels this week end you should keep an eye out for Dirk and Marc of DfH as they will be at Indy.
Phil
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 07:22:23 am »

Thanks for the well wishes Phil, unfotunately it hurts to breathe, bend, lay down, sit up, etc (coughing or sneezing feels like the little bugger from alien is popping out of your chest).  I've heard horror stories about broken ribs, but nothing compares to actually being through it.  That said, there are colleagues of ours on here who have had to deal with much worse, so I'm not going to bitch & complain too loud.  Hope the guys from DFH have a great time in Indy, like I said, its going to be a scorcher.  We're in our usual location in stand J at the exit of turn four, coming onto the pit staright.
Fax
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 01:15:42 pm »

Get well soon Fax and take it easy. I've broken a few ribs over the last few years and dislocated one last year. That really hurts especially when you have to pedal a heavy DH bike a few miles back to civilisation!

I'm not good in hot weather. The last classic was slightly marred by the heat for me. It was just too hot even to drink beer! Driving the old Alfa through the traffic was a bitch with the heater on full blast to keep the motor cool and that big exhaust just under the drivers footwell melted my favourite driving shoes and blistered my feet. Must fit more heat insulation on the new one.

Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 06:06:04 pm »

It was just too hot even to drink beer!

Which you couldn't on the circuit, 'cos all the bars beer machinery couldn't cope with the heat and broke down.
Must have cost them a fortune in lost sales.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: