Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 10:21:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How is everyone getting ready for Le Mans  (Read 43849 times)
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 05:52:12 pm »

[quote author=Lazy B'stard link=topic=11480.msg156906#msg156906 date=

Blyth (some feat indeed as it always smells of fish and crack).

Isn't this the same thing?

I'm pouring up my nostrils four times a day will have taken effect by June

Don't you mean July?

BTW I am preparing for LM by having two weeks in Tuscany...

Martini...LB

[/quote]

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 11:00:43 pm »

Seems I need to sort out a few things for Le Mans this year,

Have my priorities sorted (almost)

My list - so far (more to follow)

1. Drinking - (waiting for the obvious)

2. Camper - Passed re-MOT test  Grin

oh yes Brian - How many sleeps before head off ?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 11:24:06 pm »

Outstanding post re the milk and camper van.  We have plenty of redundant Air Weapons Ranges these days where you could bury the evidence.  Be careful though or this saga could become a rival to Mr Z and the Commer (not that he appears to give a toss about the poor old dear these days).

Getting ready for me this year is a bit lastminute.com.  Ferry only booked yesterday, car insurance renewal still to sort out, BN ticket has arrived.  For anything else that I forget to sort or pack between now and leaving on 12 Jun, I think the phrase is "that's what Mastercard is for"....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 09:05:10 am »

Van is recovering well. A good session with various cleaning products on Friday has done the trick. There was some leakage from the fridge but it tore out the trim and replaced it with some spare left overs from when I built it. There is still a feint smell of cheesy wet dog now tempered with the smell of evostick.

There is another problem however. There has been a slight leak from the low pressure fuel pump for a few months which looks to have intensified. I drove down to the Peak District at the weekend and diesel is now dripping onto the drivers side front wheel and getting flicked down the side of the van. Looks like this weekends fix. It's a right bastard to get to and involves removing the engine mount to gain access. I might as well do the anti roll bar bushes that are knocking away whilst I'm at it. I also have a one piece rear door to get on there too before the off. It needs a service and the tracking could do with sorting out.

I'm starting to think that the Jensen would be easier to get ready than the van.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 11:35:17 am »

It sounds like its all coming along very nicely - you are doing a grand job!!

Grin
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 02:52:23 pm »

Getting ready for Le Mans - well, Team LeMansZone took a rather professional approach this year and we just followed the Audi routine by doing an extensive dress rehearsal at Spa Francorchamps. Some endurance beer drinking at Paddy's birthday bash in Spa provided valuable data about the shape of our livers and proof that the core team is in good shape Grin Grin Grin

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 03:08:54 pm »

Its a tough job, but I am glad to see you are taking a serious approach Werner!

Smiley
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 03:32:17 pm »

Seems I need to sort out a few things for Le Mans this year,

Have my priorities sorted (almost)

My list - so far (more to follow)

1. Drinking - (waiting for the obvious)

2. Camper - Passed re-MOT test  Grin

oh yes Brian - How many sleeps before head off ?

12 more sleeps for me, with a weeks fishing in Ireland, before departure, only thing packed is my falling over trousers.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 06:46:34 pm »

Memory cards all emptied, batteries charged, alarm set for 7am Friday.  About 38 hours before we get onto the pit lane.   Tongue

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 07:25:24 pm »

Working allmost day and night this week, to get to the testday on Saturday and Sunday.
Next week same scenario and on Saturday 9th, we're off !

Buck Bundy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 10:15:46 pm »

We're doing the long way to Le Mans this year on bikes. We've done via Spain and via Ireland before, so for a change this year its via Holland and Italy. Before you wonder how we manage Holland and Italy without Belgium/Germany/Switzerland its motorail. It might seem like a cheat, but it gets us to the French Alps for 3 days of fun before heading north for Le Mans - around 1800 miles in total.

So preparations have included new fork seals, a thorough service, new chain and sprockets and a new waterproof roll bag. I've couriered my camping gear across the country to Essex where it will be taken to the campsite by some of the party who are travelling directly by car (£6.50 through Parcel2Go if you're interested!).

The tent I'm taking hasn't been used since 2008 so needed a check over, and then  discovered the camping chairs have been attacked by mice in the static caravan they've been stored in! I chose a good one, and couriered it off, and then it will be doanated to the Pikeys when we leave!

I leave Thursday 7th, so getting proper excited now.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 11:16:08 am »

Working allmost day and night this week, to get to the testday on Saturday and Sunday.

Unfortunately the forecast is for an inch of rain on Sunday and a little on Saturday.  28 or so tomorrow and sunny.

Why is PQ so often wet?  The sad fact is that with no qualifying times having to be set, so many teams just don't even bother to do more than fine-tune their wet set-ups then we don't see the cars again.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 12:34:02 pm »

Unfortunately the forecast is for an inch of rain on Sunday and a little on Saturday.  28 or so tomorrow and sunny.

Why is PQ so often wet?  The sad fact is that with no qualifying times having to be set, so many teams just don't even bother to do more than fine-tune their wet set-ups then we don't see the cars again.

Damn, shame about the weather  Sad.   Let's hope all of the teams will be there, I'm still missing a few for the CA guide.

Is anyone else going this weekend ?

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 05:27:06 pm »

Beginning to panic, so much to do before I leave, so little time to do it in.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 10:06:07 am »

Should be plenty of action Termie. Lots of new cars out there so getting data will be a priority. Also 40+ rookies that will need to get their ten laps in. Should make for a busy track. Let's just hope that if it is raining that no one has a big accident. The reserve list is looking rather thin should someone really batter a car.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: