Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 10:33:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thieving BAS###DS (also posted on Beer Mountain)  (Read 19979 times)
slash

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2012, 01:16:00 pm »

I am sorry to report that The Murvi Crew were victims of a nocturnal raid on Sunday morning whilst camped on Bleu Nord.

This was the first such trouble we have experienced personally in 20 years of attendance, and I have to say PIS##D us off. The pratts struck around 05.00 Sunday morning when we were sleeping having just returned from our night time activities around the circuit. Items lost were a jacket, fire extinguisher, and a bag of tent pegs! What the F##K is that all about? We think they may have spotted our TV, and come back to half hinch that. They left a large camping lantern which we are happy to return, so if the rightful owner is on this forum and can give us a description they can have it back.

The team are philosophical about this event, and will take further measures to protect our stuff next year.

Just a reminder to you all to be vigilant.

Slash
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 03:12:14 pm »

Don't you think this is more likely to be drunken campsite high jinx?  I seems odd to come back with the intention of nicking a telly and to settle for a bag of tent pegs?
slash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:27:28 pm »

AH I see, they were pi##sed and having a joke. Well that's alright then!

Let's see how you react if it happens to you Fran.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:06:05 pm »

I am not condoning it in any way - and pissed japes are just as damaging as deliberately malicious behavour.  I simply meant that it didnt seem like it was the methods used by your typical theiving pikey.

F
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 10:12:28 am »

I don't think there is any logic behind what they take.

We had a visit a few years back nothing taken but a Sony Battery Charger had been left.  They most likely don't spend much time sorting though your stuff.  May be they thought you might be leaving keys in the tent peg bag based on the principal that you would think they would not think of looking there.

It all takes us back to the "Don't take anything you value".  There is no really safe way to store stuff other than lock stuff in your car.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

No they didn't build 'em like that.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 12:16:35 pm »

I was on Bleu Nord for the first time this year, normally camp on TR.
The thing that surprised me was that there was still security on the gate at 11pm and I had to show my pass after I got back from eating in Arnage.
And I was even more surprised that he was still there at 8am on Monday morning when I left.
Two years ago when I left it late to book and had to stay on BSJ, they cleared off as soon as the race ended.

TeamTickleTheDragon
You Buy It, We'll Race It
bottle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 05:47:14 pm »

Hi, just read this (I know it's late but I have to miss this year and trying to keep in touch!)  After 15 years of no incidents we also had a nocturnal visitation in Bleu Nord on Sunday morning which removed a hanging camping lantern and a designer shirt (not sure of brand).  This was in the corner field furthest away from the stands.  There were a couple of odd items left outside the gazebo that were not ours - bizarre if our lantern ended up "redistributed" in the same way! 
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 06:31:48 pm »

There were a few bikes nicked from the swampland that was the houx annexe on Friday night, even cutting locks.

One of our group had a bag taken  from an open tent at the same time, sunglasses and washing stuff inside, very annoying.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 11:05:37 am »

A german guy next to us lost some Aluminium Chairs from outside his Motor Home on BN this year.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 02:34:10 pm »

There must be a good market for second hand chairs France as the bastards took 3 of ours sometime on Saturday night.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 07:10:19 pm »

Near to us a couple had beer stolen and the people opposite got ransacked (where the green Moggie was on the road in) and lost phones etc. One had a Aston owners video of the lap of the circuit he had done on it.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 08:28:57 pm »

I managed to have 6 lbs of body weight extracted from me, I had the worst squits possible, it started about 2pm on Saturday and initially I just thought it was as a result of an awesome party on Friday night, managed the 1st hour of the race then it really hit. I can not believe how long it went on, in the end I had to sleep in Brads car just so I could drive around to the bogs in time (dammed Speedchills enclosure) from about 5 until 1 Sunday afternoon, in the end I got into the medical centre and they gave me tablets and rehydration powders. Unfortunately I didn't always make it (always outside of the car) it was horrible, just horrible, I didn't eat any real food until I got on the Boat Monday night, just a sandwich on Sunday night and water, lots of water. Not a great weekend for me I'm afraid, sorry I did not get to see many people (you wouldnt have wanted me anywhere close), sorry to hear of the thefts, we had a couples of phones go missing on Saturday night from the Brethren camp and I lost mine on Friday.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 09:34:06 pm »

MB didn't fare well either. Our immediate neighbors had all 4 petrol scooters nicked, but fortunately two of their team caught 2 of the crims in the village with the scooters and they said the local constabulary weren't interested, and a group of geordies about 100 yards from us had 2 moto-x bikes stolen.

whoever it was had chain cutters, as the motocross bikes were chained up.The question is how did these scumbags get in /out with the loot as to enter MB you need a GA,whereas BN is open.

Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 10:27:30 pm »

AH I see, they were pi##sed and having a joke. Well that's alright then!
We had somebody egg our cars.  The boot of the replica Cobra is scratched through to the undercoat and now needs a £300 respray.

We had nothing nicked, as nobody slept much.  This was down to DJ Billynomates, who played all sorts of crap to just himself at very high volume till 3-4 in the morning.  ACO security didn't want to know.

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 10:40:30 pm »

MB didn't fare well either. Our immediate neighbors had all 4 petrol scooters nicked, but fortunately two of their team caught 2 of the crims in the village with the scooters and they said the local constabulary weren't interested, and a group of geordies about 100 yards from us had 2 moto-x bikes stolen.

whoever it was had chain cutters, as the motocross bikes were chained up.The question is how did these scumbags get in /out with the loot as to enter MB you need a GA,whereas BN is open.

Some of the Berks with the small bikes needed them stolen driving drunk and like utter bell ends until 2am was un called for.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: