Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 10:31:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Out of season hotels..  (Read 5304 times)
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2012, 07:27:13 am »

So, not your usual post but..

With the 2 kids that have prevented me from coming the last couple of years, I am heading to France for a holiday in late Aug and driving down to the Vendee region which will take me straight past LM. I want to stop overnight so that in the morning I can get some shots in and around the site to try to convince my two girls when they are older that this pilgrimage is something that they and daddy used to do... and look, here are a bunch of photos when you were young etc etc...

So, having never stayed in anything other than a tent - are there some toddler friendly hotels (one of 2 years and one of 5 months) that will tolerate me checking in late....

I'll check the guide but on the off chance that someone has personal experience......
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:31:37 am »

Hi Toby,

I've stayed in the Hotel du Commerce many times, it's directly opposite the main train station, so easy enough to find. There's onsite parking for about 4 or 5 cars, and a multi storey about 200m away. The tram system runs outside the station so it's handy to jump on if you want to take a tram ride to the circuit. It's cheap and cheerful.

H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 09:17:06 pm »

There's a Premier Classe budget hotel out near the university (a bit further away than that recommended by Big H) but the tram system is also easily accessible from there. I reckon it's a about 10 minute drive to the circuit when there's no race traffic. Have used it a couple of times. Basic facilities but clean. No problems with a late check in as you just book ahead online and use a code to access the premises whenever you like.  I cna't vouch for cots etc. but maybe worth a quick look online?

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 09:26:19 pm »

On the route out of the city northbound on the D338 (formerly N138) where it crosses the autoroute, there is a whole gaggle of cheap-n-cheerfuls, including the Hotel B&B, Brit Hotel, Formule 1, Fasthotel, 'Quick Palace' and others.

There's a Premier Classe budget hotel out near the university (a bit further away than that recommended by Big H) but the tram system is also easily accessible from there. I reckon it's a about 10 minute drive to the circuit when there's no race traffic. Have used it a couple of times. Basic facilities but clean. No problems with a late check in as you just book ahead online and use a code to access the premises whenever you like.  I cna't vouch for cots etc. but maybe worth a quick look online?
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 08:13:17 am »

Most excellent! Thanks guys...I'll check out BigH's suggestion as its so rare that I actually make it into town (St Sat or CarreFour tend to be my only stops although Stevie B did drag me out one year). Now, where did I put my tent...

..and especially thanks to John for pointing out where to come for a drink (LeBounty). If I wear a CA t-shirt do I get a discount ;-)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 06:36:37 pm »

If the Commerce is full, try the Corail in the same location - great grub to boot.  If totally stuck my local hotel is great but a bit far. 

I will never forget my Dad driving me down the Mulsanne when I was 6 (we were on our way to Sion in the Vendee also as it happens).  Keep up the good work - you might have a motor racing companion for years to come, just as he did!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: