Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 09:45:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: termietermite 25.1.55 - 5.9.2012  (Read 43464 times)
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2012, 10:16:25 pm »

An amazing woman, who shall be missed by CA and the wider racing community.  She was so full of life, was so passionate about the sport we all love, and had a wonderful sense of humour.  

Her knowledge of the sport often left me feeling like a bit of an amoeba, but I loved to chat with her.  I just wish I'd done it more often.

Rest in Peace Deb.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2012, 10:31:01 pm »

Tears well up and overflow - sad, sad news; smiles will come, but that will take a while  We did not see the moment Debs closed her eyes, or saw the real, raw courage of her smiling through adversity, but the many tears falling around now will form imperishable amber, encapsulating the many abiding fond memories of times, brief or long, enjoyed in her pleasant and feisty company.  

Thank you Debs for being you, and meaning so many good things to so many different people.  Thank you, Ian, for keeping us up to racing speed with what was happening, even as the chequered flag was brought out for the last lap, and so soon after it fell as well.  You know that you have everyone's heartfelt sympathy, thoughts and condolences here.  Don't hesitate to let us know how you are or if any support, help or anything else is needed.  

Mark  

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 10:58:30 pm »

Dear Ian, for many of us here, there will be a very important part of our Le Mans and Club Arnage experience that will be missing from today onwards. How you must be feeling, I can't really begin to imagine. My condolences to you and yours.

Debs you will be sorely missed by very many of us. It has been a pleasure to have known you and the world is a poorer place without you here. I'm sitting here feeling so sad but also smiling as I remember you in the Micra leading us through the country roads around Le Mans, most of us in sports cars (including one guy in a Ferrari), barely able to keep up.
Not only is it an abiding memory of my brief visits to France every June, but it's a memory I will keep for as long as I live. You will continue to make me smile when I think of you, and I know that I'm not alone in feeling that way.
Rest in peace Debs.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
sceetum
CA Veteran

Team booze n' tabs

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 11:17:35 pm »

Ian, this is very sad news, our thoughts are with you at this difficult time. It was a pleasure to meet Debs every June, as Shortcut said she always stopped for a chat on at our campsite. Rest in peace Termie.

What have the romans ever done for us?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 11:55:48 pm »

Deb, your garage door has finally been closed and above it the Termietermite sign is removed from in its frame, the wall's stark blankness staring back at the rest of us sat disbelieving in the tribunes; but it was a truly legendary DNF from the bravest lady driver. Your retirement leaves the Club Arnage pitlane a very much sadder place tonight, but what a race you had and you leave us all with only happy memories.

Godspeed, it was a pleasure and a privilege to know you.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:33:24 am by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2012, 09:50:53 am »

Ian

Deb will be missed, by so many people. out thoughts are with you at the hard and difficult time. If there is anything you need or help, just let us know.

Only saw her a couple of weeks ago, and still find it hard to come to terms to it, brings a lump to my throat and still a few tears.

I try and remember her as she was, at Le Mans, Silverstone, a damp Sebring and even a last minute NW CA meet, with some good friends, and especially her laughin at some of Mike's great jokes and story's.

It was an honour and privilege to know Deb, she will be missed.

Hugs to you, Ian.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2012, 01:09:06 pm »

Such lovely words, I feel the need to say something on Deb's behalf....IIRC it was DEB never DEBS - I seem to remember hearing her views on the subject at some point  Grin     Ian, am I correct? 
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2012, 01:12:11 pm »

Ian has posted the funeral details on FB, I won't copy them here until he does.

I wondered whether those of us who could, could have an online get together on here at the time/date?   Or perhaps an online get together that evening? 
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2012, 01:22:59 pm »

Anita is spot-on about the name, of course - no doubt attention to detail is a part of her training! My Deb was definitely a singular person!

I will post details of the crem as a separate item.

But imposible to read this thread without choking up - again! Wow, what kindness she evoked!

Missing Termietermite
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2012, 01:40:05 pm »

Anita is spot-on about the name, of course - no doubt attention to detail is a part of her training! My Deb was definitely a singular person!

I narrowly avoided a thick ear for calling her Deborah once. I was sure not to make that mistake again! I'd do anything to get that thick ear now.

I wondered whether those of us who could, could have an online get together on here at the time/date?   Or perhaps an online get together that evening? 

A lovely idea. Count me in.

Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2012, 02:17:12 pm »

I narrowly avoided a thick ear for calling her Deborah once. I was sure not to make that mistake again! I'd do anything to get that thick ear now.

She wouldn't have minded Deborah - but Debbie (little girl in pigtails?) would have peed her off very big time!

Missing Termietermite
goodduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2012, 02:24:58 pm »

Very sad to read this news this morning. My trip to Le Mans in 2007 would not have been possible without her generosity and kindness. I turned up without a clue and Deb gave me a helping hand despite having never met me. I will never forget the experience and how Deb played a huge part in making it possible. I think about her every time I go to a race and will always remember her as the first person to introduce me to Le Mans and this great tradition. I am sad that I havent made it back since 2007 to reconnect and share a drink with you two.

My condolences to you and yours. Deb is in my thoughts and prayers

looking for 2 General Admission tickets for 2023 24H Le Mans race only but will buy anything available.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2012, 03:57:50 pm »

She wouldn't have minded Deborah - but Debbie (little girl in pigtails?) would have peed her off very big time!

Yes, yes, how can I forget. Oh how I remember the rant (if not the exact cause).  Shocked

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2012, 05:32:11 pm »

Sincerest Condolences Rest in Peace Debs.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2012, 08:50:17 pm »

Oh hell Ian I am so sorry, it's imposssible to say how much.

I think of the times we met, the girl was always smiling each and every time.

Deb the world is a worse place because you have left us, but by being here you made it a more special one.

My favourite memory is of Deb standing by the Micra when we went on the fantastic drive round day after the St Sat meeting and the next was when we met by the track at LM after she came to the evening CA meeting.

Injured and in the chair or not she made everyone she met feel special.

She will always be a real friend in my memory.

Ian, you know the score by now, if you need anything I can help with it's yours.

God Bless Deb.

RIP

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: