Club Arnage
April 24, 2024, 08:39:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toyota wins 5th round of WEC - Sao Paulo  (Read 7265 times)
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2012, 07:11:40 pm »

http://www.sportscarillustrated.com/News_2012/I/news12_0870.html

For those who didn't see it - Toyota beat both Audis in a straight fight - whilst undoubtedly helped by a safety car period, it should be noted that they were some 40 seconds ahead when the safety car came out.  

Finally, a chink in Audi's armour.  That's got to bode well for next season!

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:07:12 pm »

Audi didn't fare too well at the Oschersleben DTM race either. No higher than 6th place for Mike Rockenfeller. Not a good weekend for them.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 11:37:36 am »

They had their factory heritage Auto Union Type C and D silver arrows running at Goodwood Revival this past weekend which certainly brought a big smile to my face.

Steve East Anglian cobras

hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 08:43:55 pm »

Very well done to Toyota in their third race, a big thumbs up... I hope there's more to come. This shows that they belong into sportscars, not F1. 1 minute over 6 hours means 4 minutes over 24. That's more than a lap, the formation lap. I hope Audi is getting some ground. I want a 2011 in 2013, please.   Cool

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 08:46:35 am »

For those of you interested in Larbre's second 'DSQ' in a row...

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/le-mans-larbres-sao-paulo-wec-exclusion-explained/P1

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 09:16:23 am »

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/sports-cars/toyotas-last-sports-car-win/

The last Toyota win was 1992, the GTone never won a race. The video clip is about the TS010, Turn the sound up and imagine your sitting on a dusty bank, somewhere in France in June.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 12:08:51 pm »

I'm really pleased at the Toyota win. They have looked like they were going to come good since the first practice session at Le Mans. They have exceeded expectations in every respect.

I never took to Peugoet. Something not right about their attitude. As such I wasn't interested in them being successful. Toyota on the other hand, something about the way they have just gone about their business; no bullshit, no sledging or bad mouthing, just solid hard work and graft.

Good on em and best of luck for the rest of the season. I hope other manufacturers that are sitting on the fence can now see that a decent programe with a budget just a fraction of those needed in F1, can reap rewards in what is a comparatively short amount of time.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 03:48:55 pm »

I'm really pleased at the Toyota win. They have looked like they were going to come good since the first practice session at Le Mans. They have exceeded expectations in every respect.

I never took to Peugoet. Something not right about their attitude. As such I wasn't interested in them being successful. Toyota on the other hand, something about the way they have just gone about their business; no bullshit, no sledging or bad mouthing, just solid hard work and graft.

Good on em and best of luck for the rest of the season. I hope other manufacturers that are sitting on the fence can now see that a decent programe with a budget just a fraction of those needed in F1, can reap rewards in what is a comparatively short amount of time.

x2

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 05:15:44 pm »

X3

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 05:37:18 pm »

X3

X4
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 05:59:28 pm »

We're really listing current and possible future BMW model numbers??

Shall I add X5?

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 06:33:49 pm »

XLax