Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 10:15:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying Lizards not racing Porsches  (Read 11149 times)
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 11:07:12 am »

More:  http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/alms-qa-with-flying-lizards-eric-ingraham/P2

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 05:59:52 pm »

Porsche works team announced with Manthey Racing with the new generation 911

http://www.crash.net/le+mans/news/186606/1/porsche_announces_factory_le_mans_entry.html

and

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104675

It seems to be a kick in the teeth for Flying Lizards and Felbermyer teams
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 12:53:14 am »

It seems to be a kick in the teeth for Flying Lizards and Felbermyer teams

It does rather, after their long association as "factory-supported teams".  And Manthey racing, while having a long history with racing Porsches and at the Nurburgring, haven't got that background at Le Mans.  Makes one wonder if it is really all Manthey Racing, or perhaps a full-blown factory team under that banner practising for the LMP1 entry in 2014, given that the last factory outing at La Sarthe was the GT1 in 1998.....

MG Mark 

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 02:14:35 am »

I interpreted it to mean: Porsche sharing the wealth. There were other teams before who also did a good job.
 The Flying  Lizard were given  a fair innings and will not be ignored in the future just not the golden boys for 2013.
IMHO
Phil
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 12:49:49 pm »

Didn't Porsche do the same in 2006 when Manthey raced the 997 RSR before other teams got their hands on it in 2007 ?
I was at the 2007 ALMS pre season test at Sebring, and Flying Lizard had their 997 RSR just delivered then, while Manthey won the Nürburgring 24h in a 997 the year before.  The Lizards, Prospeed, Felbermayer ... wil have their RSR in 2014.

Manthey has had factory support for years, and is known as one the best teams working together with Porsche in Europe.  During VLN and 24h of the Ring, they always had factory support, just like they had factory support during their season in the GT open this year.   Guess Mark will be right with this one, a full Porsche factory team, racing under the Manthey banner.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 07:50:35 pm »

If I read this correctly It looks as though Manthey gets everything. Both GT and Prototype?
Can the same team be Factory and private in the same race with different cars?
http://www.racer.com/porsche-revives-factory-race-team/article/271865/

Phil
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 08:44:25 pm »

I can't see a reason, other than thinning of resources, that would preclude them from running their own cars, but I would imagine the potential privateer Manthey car or cars would have to be stand-alone with the same level of manufacturer  support as the rest of the privateer Porsche grid.

If I read this correctly It looks as though Manthey gets everything. Both GT and Prototype?
Can the same team be Factory and private in the same race with different cars?
http://www.racer.com/porsche-revives-factory-race-team/article/271865/

Phil
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:08:36 am by Grand_Fromage » Logged
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 02:04:44 am »

I thought Manthey will race as a works team in GT, but the LMP1 will be run with a genuine Porsche Factory Team (based in Weissach).  Manthey's base is Meuspath, next to the 'Ring.
Can't really see Manthey go racing in prototypes, they don't have any experience with those cars.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:06:26 am by Dottore » Logged

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 03:51:11 am »

I thought Manthey will race as a works team in GT, but the LMP1 will be run with a genuine Porsche Factory Team (based in Weissach).  Manthey's base is Meuspath, next to the 'Ring.
Can't really see Manthey go racing in prototypes, they don't have any experience with those cars.

Hi Dottore, You have forced me to go back and read more carefully. I agree with your interpretation. The article starts out about LMP1 then switches to discuss  the GT program with Manthey.
Phil
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: