Club Arnage
April 18, 2024, 02:22:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa WEC  (Read 22030 times)
ts030jay

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 10:30:38 pm »

i so wish i could go ....
next year i hope .
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 05:58:32 pm »

Just been informed that I will be on the jury for the case starting tomorrow. That's f**ked up my plan for a last minute dash to Spa. Bollocks bollocks bollocks  Cry

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 06:00:31 pm »

Just been informed that I will be on the jury for the case starting tomorrow. That's f**ked up my plan for a last minute dash to Spa. Bollocks bollocks bollocks  Cry
Have they actually picked the jury out of the 24 people submitted Bob?
If not thy might not like the look of you  Wink
They might change their plea to guilty at the last moment, if not hang them high. Wink  Grin
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:02:43 pm by Barry » Logged
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 06:07:04 pm »

When I phoned they only read out 14 juror numbers Barry. The chances of being one of the 2 rejected are not very good

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 06:23:10 pm »

When I phoned they only read out 14 juror numbers Barry. The chances of being one of the 2 rejected are not very good

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 07:28:01 pm »

audi will be testing a long tail version driven by gene,grassi and Jarvis designed for le mans this weekend.looks the same to me.bit longer though.will be installed on sofa watching on telly.enjoy all who go to spa hope weather aint tooo bad.

* audi_motorsport-130425-2627__medium.jpg (17.07 KB, 380x253 - viewed 382 times.)

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2013, 09:48:23 pm »

Just been informed that I will be on the jury for the case starting tomorrow. That's f**ked up my plan for a last minute dash to Spa. Bollocks bollocks bollocks  Cry

Bob if you want you could join us? we're leaving Uxbridge around 2.30 Saturday morning.
Staying in Leuven sat night then visiting Brugge, Diksmuide Tyne cot & Leper Sunday. home late Sunday. Monday bank holiday to recover.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2013, 11:47:42 pm »

Tweeted by John Dagys (Speed) : new 2014 LMP1 project revealed at Spa this weekend (and it's not Porsche)

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2013, 03:47:33 pm »

Update.  Picked for the final 15 this morning from which the 12 jurors will be chosen tomorrow. Been told the trial will last up to 8, yes weeks. You do the math.

Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2013, 04:18:53 pm »

Update.  Picked for the final 15 this morning from which the 12 jurors will be chosen tomorrow. Been told the trial will last up to 8, yes weeks. You do the math.

Bob I was in the same position 4-5 years ago around this time, I managed to get out of a long case when the court asked if anyone had a genuine reason why they couldn't serve for 6 weeks. I took my ferry booking and ticket confirmation & that was enough to get out of it.
Still had to sit on 2 short GBH cases though  police   
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 05:17:23 am »

Hi Bob,
           A remark in a loud voice along the lines of: "He looks guilty to me" will have you out of there lickety split  Grin
Seriously though Thank You for your service.
see you in Le Mans
Phil

LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 03:09:16 pm »

Hi Bob,
           A remark in a loud voice along the lines of: "He looks guilty to me" will have you out of there lickety split  Grin
Seriously though Thank You for your service.
see you in Le Mans
Phil

I agree with Phil.
"He's a wrong 'un and no mistake."
or pretend you have Tourette's, Bob. The nervous tick will put people off very quickly.

Let's hope though, that if you are chosen for the jury, the case DOESN'T take 8 weeks, or we won't see you in LM either.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2013, 10:02:33 pm »

Take a plastic bag of poo with you so that it upsets the rest of them, similar has probably been practiced in LM, but it may work.  Grin Grin

Look forward to seeing you at LM Bob.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2013, 02:44:07 am »

Bob,
I think we should all be proud of you.
A fine, upstanding member of the community and an obvious moral compass!
The Jury System is obviously in very safe hands. ;0)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 03:48:34 pm »

FIA WEC 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps..

Jox Jottings also on http://spawec2013.blogspot.co.uk/

Free Practice..

Your CA team is in place and free practice has passed reasonably quietly except for #24 Oak Racing Morgan Nissan. The culprit behind the wheel was David Heinemeier Hansson he went off at Pouhon. Fair enough.. it was a bit damp in places.

We have another cracking grid of 35 cars including of course the big banger LMP1 cars from Audi and Toyota. This is their last chance to scare off any gremlins that might be lurking about prior to Le Mans.

The new qualifying procedure is back despite its rather murky debut at Silverstone. It seems that the computer software didn’t cope particularly well and got in a huff and went home for an early bath but the chaps that know about these things have, we are told, got it all sorted out now. So once again we are looking forward with eager anticipation to the following:-
Driver One goes out and does at least four laps and the computer remembers the best two of them… then Driver Two goes out and also does at least four laps, and again the computers remember which were the fastest two. Now the clever bit.. these four times are averaged out to give a final time that gives the car its place on the grid. Get it? Simples!
Now a few ‘Michael Caine’ moments… did you know that:-

All the cars are fitted with three lights in a vertical row beside the number decal.. one light ‘on’ means the car is leader its class.. two lights second in class and three lights third in class. These are triggered by the transponders and time keepers. These were not working all that well either but we are assured that will be tickety-boo by Le Mans. If you are watching on TV the LMP1 Cars have Red numbers.. LM P2 have blue ones… LM GTE Pro are green and LM GTE Am are orange.

Nine drivers here today have taken part in F1 Grand Prix… Allan McNish, Alexander Wurz, Anthony Davidson, Sébastien Buemi, Luca di Grassi, Marc Gené, Stéphane Sarrazin. Kazuki Nakajima and Nick Heidfeld.

Fuel tanks on petrol powered LMP1 and LMP2 cars are allowed 75 litres… the diesels get 60 litres.. LMPGTE Pro and Am also get 60 litres.

Just looking at the programme and noticed that it claims Marcel Fassler clocked a 1:01.851sec to claim the fastest lap in the 2012. A mere 205 Kph… in fact this would have been nearer 400kph which would be about 250 mph!! Maybe it should read 2:01.851secs!
My guru Tony tells me that the #7 Toyota is a new car and the #3 Audi has the ‘long tail’..remember the 917 Porsche ? Well this one is a massive few cms!
35 Cars…8 in LMP1..11 in LMP2…7 in LMGTE Pro and 9 in LMGTE Am

Back after practice and qualifying
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: