Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 07:56:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deb  (Read 10002 times)
nickliv

View Profile
Deb
« on: June 18, 2013, 07:42:31 pm »

It's our 1st LM without her, it was strange not to have her (and Ians) usual photographic excellence from the scrutineering yesterday.

Ian, This one won't be easy. I'm thinking of you. Take care.

I'll raise a glass from home to the pair of you over the weekend.

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:54:32 pm »

Well said.

They have lumps of what round the back???
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 08:21:49 pm »

Agreed.    Can we also include our other absent friends, my buddy Simon who we lost nearly two years ago and also Janice Minton who was a great friend of Club Arnage, Radio LM etc.    May the racing always be good at that racetrack in the sky...
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 08:44:15 pm »

It's our 1st LM without her, it was strange not to have her (and Ians) usual photographic excellence from the scrutineering yesterday.

Ian, This one won't be easy. I'm thinking of you. Take care.

I'll raise a glass from home to the pair of you over the weekend.

I logged on just befoore grabbing some zzzs before my early rising just to post a similar message to all, especially Ian so I'm in full on agreement with nick on this

Ian I still think about our true friend often, this will be a hard year for you mate

If you are about, come and see Gary and I and we will have a quiet moment in remembrance of her and a drink to toast her

Piglet our thoughts with your friends too

LM is much poorer this year

b

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 09:13:17 pm »

In addition to those already mentioned, raise a glass at some point to gordonwr who passed away late last year.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 09:13:57 pm »

Couldn't have been put better.
Absent friends.

I tested negative for patience.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 11:04:39 am »

I've been thinking about her a lot over the last few weeks. Deb's enthusiasm and passion as the race drew nearer had become part of the ritualistic build up. Her photos from the test day were always the icing on the cake. She sure did rally the troops.

She was also fond of gathering everyone together on Saturday evening for a CA Gathering. She always tried to keep the tradition going as it kinda faded from those wild Poo Bar happenings. I regret not making more of an effort to get to those gatherings now. I don't recall there being any mention of a CA meeting this year?

Maybe this year we should all raise a glass at 9pm on Saturday, wherever we are and give thanks not only to Deb but to all our other friends wherever they might be.

Cheers Deb. hope you get a great view of the race from up there.  Wink

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 03:42:39 pm »

Well said Si. Won't be the same this year, not being chased by the motorised terror! God bless Deb  Smiley

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 02:13:21 pm »

Crikey! How nice to find this! I did do a brief tour of BN and MB yesterday afternoon, and was delighted to shake a few hands. Yes, this is a weird LM for me - but I'm coping a trifle better than I feared. Deb's energy was the power of getting things done around here, even during her reduced-mobility years - so it's good to think I even managed to book tickets! 65 this year and still able to think for myself!

I will have a wander round the campsites again over the weekend, and hope to catch a few more of you. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Missing Termietermite
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 12:14:40 am »

You too Ian!
Have the best time that you can, amongst friends.

I'm not there this year, but have been listening to RLM and raised a glass to Deb.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
John G

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 12:33:44 pm »

Have been thinking about Deb this week too, will raise a glass, she is of course with us in spirit

I am thinking that she would be proud of your organisational skills Ian
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 08:08:42 pm »

Deb would not approve of me being thumb-up-bum, brain in neutral! Sorry I didn't get around more over the weekend, but I did enjoy everything - except the outcome of the early crash, of course.

And, if you choose to believe it, Deb saw the whole thing from closer to the track than any of us!

Missing Termietermite
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 07:58:12 am »

And, if you choose to believe it, Deb saw the whole thing from closer to the track than any of us!
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 10:51:15 am »

As it happened there was a particular group of guys next to me in Tribune 17, who had been galvanised into a LM visit a couple of years ago, when one of their mates, a LM veteran, had passed away (NB I will never refer to Deb in those terms - she insisted that one DIES!) and so they had scattered his ashes on Mulsanne. Quite illegal here, as I'm sure you all know.

The chap next to me was on cordial terms with an elderly French guy in a mac, and told me a bit about him. He's 88 - and has been to every 24hrs since 1932! Lives in Tours, drives up and back each day of the race. Now that is a style of which Deb would certainly approve!

Missing Termietermite
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 11:49:19 am »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

That's cheered me up no end.  Wink

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: