Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 08:28:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: circuit des ramparts angouleme september  (Read 4595 times)
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2013, 04:40:24 pm »

i remember seeing a post for this last year but i cant remeber whos.me and some mates fancy going any info would be much appreciated on camping bars viewing spots etc.tapping into the wealth of info of you guys  seems our best bet.

* logo_derni-re_version_-_300_dpi[1].jpg (385.06 KB, 1222x944 - viewed 484 times.)

* bugatti-on-circuit_500.jpg (52.57 KB, 500x333 - viewed 461 times.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:10:05 pm by lofty » Logged

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
tomtom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 06:03:47 pm »

We're going for the first time this year, staying in a hotel at inflated prices and have seats at the Cathedral Tribune, been wanting to go for years and will report back on our return.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 06:34:08 pm »

I've heard its good from somebody that lives out there.  May be a bit too French, but that doesn't seem to bother us.

I ought to go.

Is it free?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:25:34 pm by Lorry » Logged

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 09:23:59 pm »

Camped here earlier this year on holiday with the missus after Le Mans - not in Angouleme itself, but close enough, 10 mins away from a big Auchan on the way into Angouleme, about 20 mins total from the site into the centre of the town on the hill.  Nice site near the river, leccy on the pitches, good value, snack bar and small pool on site, bar next to the river.   

http://www.campingdunizour.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=5&Itemid=146

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 09:53:08 pm »

thanks dudes.i think its game on.cant be too french.i live here.sept the beer is carp.ill be taking home brew.
its not free but not too expensive.saturdays around the country side rally would  be free to Watch though.
camping is a must mg mark.is it 10 mins walk or drive?

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 11:20:43 pm »

20 minute drive to the town centre - 30 minutes on a Saturday when it was busy.  The Auchan is 10 minutes along the route into town from the site.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 10:17:36 am »

I've heard its good from somebody that lives out there.  May be a bit too French, but that doesn't seem to bother us.

I ought to go.

Is it free?
Yes, it's great if you like historic racing; no, it's not free, you'll need to buy grandstand tickets for the race (You can buy tickets online: http://www.circuit-des-remparts.com/reservations-108.html), the 'Tribune Wilson' on the final corner is best IMHO, you can see them coming up the tight bends of the hill then onto the start/finish straight opposite the cathedral). Take a picnic, there is a nice park behind the tribune where you can enjoy lunch. The Rally on the Saturday is free and you can catch it en-route or at the lunch stop. The route is released the Thursday before.

It's not too French (although no concession is usually made for non-French speakers), indeed, many of the competitors and Rallye participants are Brits and you can often see them trailering their Bugattis down/back (sometimes a little more bent than when they arrived!).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: