Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 02:08:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liber-T - useful new service for the Brits  (Read 4955 times)
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:13:58 pm »

For those in the UK who may have had a Liber-T motorway tag in the past and paid by credit card this has now been stopped due to some bureaucratic nonsense in France meaning all must now be settled by direct debit, so unless you have a French address and bank account, you're bang out of luck. However, SANEF, the company that run the northern French motorways have come up with an answer, they have started a UK subsidiary supplying tags to the Brits and billing monthly in GBP to your UK bank account, have a look at it here - https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/support

I'm sure it was not written by a native French speaker as section 6.2 is absolutely super and the French just don't understand humour at all Grin

6.2. Is there an alternative to tolls?

Yes! There are free roads if you do not like smooth, high quality motorways and don’t mind arriving late for your ferry. The N138 is our favourite, but a section of that is shut in mid June so the Brits can race cars on it (Le Mans).
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 09:13:11 am »

Having read through 'the blurb' I can only conclude that this is a bit of a novelty toy for those who like showing off to their mates.

Its no cheaper, in fact it works out more expensive, especially if you only use it once a year, say in June?

I personally use the CB lanes and whack in the old flexible friend and sod queing.

Crouch..........bind..........set
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 09:45:32 am »

It's certainly no cheaper, that said, I have three of them, one in each vehicle and they can easily save up to 30 mins on a journey when it's busy. It's all about priorities; our cars are all LHD so it's just time saving, especially with the new non-stop 30kph lanes, but our camper is RHD, and big and it's a PITA having to get out and run round to get the ticket so worth it for me. Also, looking at the blurb, it's a bit pricier this way due to the yearly charge which we don't get this side of the channel. Horses for courses really.
mulc99
CA Veteran

I'm not fat. Just suffer from malnutrition!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 06:03:24 pm »

I have one. To be fair, I normally travel to Le Mans on my own. Saves all of the hassle in either getting out of car or unfasten belts and kneeling on passenger seat to pay. Smiley Smiley
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 06:33:27 pm »

Just used one for a trip to the Alps.
Well worth it, just to beat about 150 cars at the toll plaza on the way back, in the knowledge that you'll be at the tunnel check in, before them.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Peaky

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 09:16:09 pm »

I personally use the CB lanes and whack in the old flexible friend and sod queing.

co-pilot required this year Grin

"I am an artist. The track is my canvas, and the car is my brush..." Graham Hill
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 02:12:23 pm »

co-pilot required this year Grin

In which case you need to place yourself in to vigorous "card insertion/extraction training".

every second counts...

Wink

Crouch..........bind..........set
DeanoX
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 09:43:20 pm »

I have one for the MG Midget.....saves comedy run round the car moment at each toll. Also offers smug satisfaction of re passing all the nasty modern stuff that blasted past a few moments before whilst they inexplicably sit in long queues to pay.

Also invaluable for the family wagon and family holidays. Avoids that whole discussion as you approach the toll. Look at the toll. Look at ticket. Look at wife. Nope no readiness there at all. Cough...look at toll. Look at ticket. Look at wallet in her door bin. Look at her. Nope . Nothing. Repeat a few times .finally pull up at toll...wife turns round and acts surprised at the sudden appearance of a toll booth. And as for when you have to wake her up to pay......
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 10:00:01 am »

I applied for mine on Sunday and it arrived on Tuesday. As with Dean, driving solo in a rhd car with harnesses makes being able to drive straight through so much easier. Let's hope it can be picked up through a little Frogeye windscreen.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: