Club Arnage
April 24, 2024, 03:29:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DFDS Pompey ferry problem  (Read 8975 times)
Kiters

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:14:58 pm »

Just been informed by email that my cabin on the Pompey to Le Havre crossing night boat 11 June with DFDS has been cancelled because of a change of vessel anyone know what the problem is? Sad
bort
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:10:39 pm »

I had same mail last 2 weeks back, rang them up and got an outside cabin of which they had several available ,but had to pay more ,
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:42:20 pm »

They've sold the Norman Voyager to Britney Ferries for their cheap Pompey le Havre service, and moved in the Seven Sisters from Newhaven Dieppe.  Its all done on a shoestring.  The Norman Voyager must be the worse ferry ever, but it got you there cheap

I'll be in the bar anyway

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:01:44 pm »

They've sold the Norman Voyager to Britney Ferries for their cheap Pompey le Havre service, and moved in the Seven Sisters from Newhaven Dieppe.  Its all done on a shoestring.  The Norman Voyager must be the worse ferry ever, but it got you there cheap

I'll be in the bar anyway

Sounds like we will be all sleeping in the bar!

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Kiters

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 10:15:00 am »

Thanks for the info chaps all the outside cabins had gone by the time I had the email so spose its a night in the bar then  Smiley
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 09:07:56 pm »

Same thing has happened to our group. Don't know what criteria they have used to decide who gets bumped, but we booked back last October.

Mines a Gin & Tonic
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 11:50:22 pm »

Well they're French aren't they. They is obviously no planning, insight, organisation or selection process! !

6 Euros - JD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 11:59:55 am »

Well they're French aren't they.

Historically I think the DS stands for Danish Seaways and their HQ is in Copenhagen so no, they're not.

Very poor that they change confirmed bookings but I suspect it's either this or go bust and leave customers completely in the lurch Sad

'Arnage gravel rash ......... a badge of honour'
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 04:18:25 pm »

Historically I think the DS stands for Danish Seaways and their HQ is in Copenhagen so no, they're not.

Very poor that they change confirmed bookings but I suspect it's either this or go bust and leave customers completely in the lurch Sad

I guess that I stand corrected then. I doff my cap to your superior knowledge / google abilities!

And apologise to DFDS and the entire nation of France.

Kiters

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 09:26:12 am »

I agree there has been rumours about that crossing with DFDS so at least we still have the crossing
Got the refund now for the cabin so will be a night in the cheap seats Smiley
old-uns

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 12:20:50 am »

i swear i've never been on the same boat twice on the Western routes !

It's all to do with the fact that no-one really wants Newhaven > Dieppe, apart from DFDS who apparently have 'won' the route

long read here from a Forum i stumbled across from your post on PH re: the same subject...amazing what some people will talk about!
http://forums.bfenthusiasts.com/showthread.php?t=11357&page=17

and in the RetroRides tradition have a pic as recompense of my car lonely on one of said ferries...1 car, 1 deck

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 02:45:28 pm »

Wow! The French regional govt have apparently spent Eu231Million subsidising the Newhaven-Dieppe route over the last ten years. That's about £30,000 per crossing! No wonder Jean E Frog is bankrupt  Evil

http://www.lemarin.fr/articles/detail/items/4406.html

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 05:55:02 pm »

Thank you Mr DFDS!!  I've just heard that we have also been bumped out of our cabins travelling over the Sunday before - and we booked early September.

As I hadn't heard anything, I assumed that we had been re-allocated, so not a happy bunny!!

Del

Edit:  Seems the way the issue was handled was not as you would expect first bookers keep their cabins, later bookings lose theirs.   Looks like everybody was bounced and it was those who phoned up first to complain after getting the email got cabins and those who phoned later didn't.  DFDS say that they sent us an email early April, but it was never received.  Of course, there are no cabins available now so as has been said - a night in the bar!!.  Del

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:23:27 pm by DelBoy » Logged

Team Delboy Racing
Brian

Ok where are the Pikie's

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 09:39:24 am »

Just got back from a trip to France, on this ferry,Severn Sisters, good points over the old Norman Voyager are, better bar, duty free and a lot  cleaner,but for you guys who have been evicted from your cabins there is no bench seating in any area and all the seats in the bar are of the bucket type, so would be hard to sleep in them. There did seem to be plenty of reclining in the other rest areas at a cost though.
Kiters

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 11:17:44 am »

Just got back from a trip to France, on this ferry,Severn Sisters, good points over the old Norman Voyager are, better bar, duty free and a lot  cleaner,but for you guys who have been evicted from your cabins there is no bench seating in any area and all the seats in the bar are of the bucket type, so would be hard to sleep in them. There did seem to be plenty of reclining in the other rest areas at a cost though.

Sounds good about the bar as  the one on the old boat last year was shocking we should have free seating as part of the cabin cancellation so hopefully it will be the recliner type

Thanks for the update Brian
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: