Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 10:19:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pikeys strike again  (Read 15016 times)
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 01:42:49 am »

Ouch! That sucks...
Don't get me wrong, we've got more than our share of thieving bastards over, just usually don't see them show up at races.
Huh, I've spent many years at IMS and never gotten ripped off (well, at the concession stands I have).
Like Bonio said, alot of it is wrong place, wrong time.
Fax
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 07:02:08 am »

Fax
The Blue Nord Peoples Militia seems to have a nice ring about it. Heavily armed tent and campsite guards. I recall some years ago a pikey's car being smashed up on the campsite but it doesn't seem to deter them. There were no problems on Tetre Rouge as far as I am aware with fences all around and very visible security.

I tested negative for patience.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 08:11:57 am »

As mentioned in previous year's, it is not just French pikey's that are thieves as there have been reports of Brits doing it. Whether this is just a spur of the moment or opportunist thing I do not know.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 09:36:09 am »

Some theft is certainly planned, but I suspect most is opportunist. I'm genuinely sorry to those who suffered thefts in LM.

I read on PH that someone had their wallet lifted, probably by an other Brit, at the driver's parade. Not sure if that's the same person that's posted here?
I also read that a group of Brits had stolen one of Aston Martin Racing's golf buggies, driven it to BN and then crashed it, whilst pissed, into someone's new XF - then buggered off! So, it's not the French pikeys that are always the problem.

I'm pleased we've not had anything nicked in the years we've been going, but I always lock my backpack in my car and keep my wallet in my tent, well away from the tent opening.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 12:40:26 pm »

I broke into pats tents monday morning for a bundle.Reliving 1999.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 12:59:04 pm »

Surprisingly, there were no Pikey's on Beausejour either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning.  Grin

I was thinking that the ACO might have been holding them back until the main stayers had all left.

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 01:02:11 pm »

Steve, your on to something there.  Maybe the reason stuff tends not to get stolen at US races is because half the folks there are armed to the teeth.  Conceal & carry is a big deterrent to any miscreants.
Yeah, right. American gun laws are well known for protecting the innocent and reducing crime...
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 04:40:01 pm »

A couple of years ago, one of our martial arts trained friends caught a pick pocket in McDonalds at the end of the night. He broke the pick pocket's fingers.
I hope the pick pocket was holding his dick at the time. Grin

I heard, from a reliable source, that the problems last year, was that the gang of thieving pikeys were actually Securitie, who could spend all week working out what was worth nicking.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 11:44:42 pm »

Spent Sunday night sat in the bar opposite the railway station chatting with Hugh Chamberlain (like you do!). He said that one of the teams, can't remember which one, suffered a pikey raid a couple of hours after the race and lost some pretty expensive portable gear. How the hell did they get behind the pit garages???

They never got my Monster Munch! Thanks Steve, you made my Le Mans complete, sorry I left the flag at home. PM me your address and I'll mail it over. Smiley

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 01:20:31 pm »

Spent Sunday night sat in the bar opposite the railway station chatting with Hugh Chamberlain (like you do!). He said that one of the teams, can't remember which one, suffered a pikey raid a couple of hours after the race and lost some pretty expensive portable gear. How the hell did they get behind the pit garages???

They never got my Monster Munch! Thanks Steve, you made my Le Mans complete, sorry I left the flag at home. PM me your address and I'll mail it over. Smiley
You've got mail Andy

I tested negative for patience.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 07:16:19 pm »

The thieves must have gained access from the pit lane if they indeed came from outside the pits and paddock.
Security was very tight between the support paddock and the paddock proper after the race. There is no way anyone could get into the paddock without a pass let alone a group of "pikeys".
If no one witnessed the theft, how does anyone know "pikeys" were responsible?
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 09:42:15 pm »

Is the P word what they refer to on PH as 3.14's or something, coming from civilised Guernsey ( Grin ) I really am not sure what this is all about. I do know what a Pikey is... oops. Is that not PC?

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
ukcobra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 10:53:16 pm »

Fax
The Blue Nord Peoples Militia seems to have a nice ring about it. Heavily armed tent and campsite guards. I recall some years ago a pikey's car being smashed up on the campsite but it doesn't seem to deter them. There were no problems on Tetre Rouge as far as I am aware with fences all around and very visible security.

I remember that, not sure if the youngsters in the handcuffs actually owned the car, the crowd assumed so. Who knows !!!
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 11:22:13 pm »

I do know what a Pikey is... oops. Is that not PC?

You're right, it isn't PC to call them Pi**ys. I remember not so many years ago when that awful un PC comic called the Viz printed this

* the-thieving-gypsy-bastards-small.png (166.73 KB, 691x972 - viewed 311 times.)
Brian

Ok where are the Pikie's

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 11:45:24 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin well done Stu.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: