Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 12:06:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tertre Rouge in 2015, ACO, what are the chances?  (Read 2410 times)
DJFish
CA Veteran

I've never been anywhere near a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2014, 04:51:41 pm »

Hi gents,
It's looking like I may actually get to go next year and I notice the ACO has gone all 'modern' with online booking.

Do you actually get what you're after or is it just like the old days?

I'd like to join the rest of the gang in Tertre Rouge but I don't want to waste the ACO joining fee just to be allocated tickets I don't want and therefore have to sell.
Cheers
Dave

Also, ACO membership, is it worth it?
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 09:46:42 pm »

Hi DJFish. Well, the ACO online booking system does have it's vagaries but is getting better (I bet I rue that comment when it opens for business in a couple of weeks time  Wink ). As I have mentioned elsewhere there are still difficulties in getting what you really want, especially for the more popular sites. Even as a member there seems to be no logic in what is allocated. Ask for MB and be offered Bleu Nord or Beausejour one year, Get MB the next year, and so on. Just like the old days......

Unless you are ordering a reasonable quantity of camping passes, or want certain grandstands then I can't really recommend joining any more. I continue to be a member purely to be able to buy ACO grandstand seats and to be able to use the Welcome facilities at Dunlop and the Ford chicane etc. The pack of post race detailed information, souvenir poster etc. that members get is nice, but for me just ends up in the attic along with the rest of the ever growing memorabilia that my kids are one day going to have to sort through and wonder why I kept it all.

You do get discount on ACO merchandise as well and the use of ACO the washing/toilet facilities etc at the bottom of their grandstand even if you do not have a seat, so it really depends how you justify the cost of joining. This year for 'Passion 24' level membership the cost was 105 Euros.

In summary, and my experience, I wouldn't join purely to hope to get 'priority' on access to certain campsites, but take your chances when the online booking opens. Others may advise differently.

Pete B.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 10:18:59 pm »

My last order 3 years ago with the ACO was the biggest clusterfuck you can imagine. Even being an ACO member and using the earlier booking didn't prevent disaster. I ordered a dozen BN tickets and got a dozen BN tickets confirmed. Wonderful. So I thought! When I finally received the passes some months later I got 12 single pitches spread all over the BN campsite. Angry And I wasn't the only person to whom this happened.

The 105 Euros ACO membership fees will buy you approx. 30 litres of beer in the supermarket at Arnage. Much better investment.

If you want to be on the safe side buy your ticket at an agency.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:22:58 pm by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
DJFish
CA Veteran

I've never been anywhere near a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 10:50:29 pm »

Merci beaucoup!
Message received!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: