Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 10:22:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Guide 2015 - Your country needs you!  (Read 10209 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:30:51 am »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

for the following chapters I need volunteers, who check and/or do an update for the 2015 edition of the CA Guide - BTW: This will be the 10th (!!!) edition. Editorial deadline is the 22nd May 2015:

1. WEC - The "World Endurance Championsship" at http://www.clubarnage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ca_guide:w_e_c. This chapters needs an update with the 2015 WEC race calendar and a sanity check - Is the stuff in there still correct?

2. Driver categories at http://www.clubarnage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ca_guide:driver-categories - Could someone check if this still applies or an update is needed?

3. The support races at http://www.clubarnage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ca_guide:support-race . This needs of course to be replaced completely. I've read at http://motorracinglegends.com/index.html?subj=Le+Mans+Legends that that cars from 1949-68 will be racing and I recall that some Aston Martin support race stuff is planned.

Best

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 02:07:33 pm »

Werner, I'll have a look at 1, and once I get my hands on things at Silverstone, I should be able to get onto 2, but if anyone else does it before, not a problem

Wooosh!!!!
Jason
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 02:50:16 pm »

Werner, I note you want an update to the Marshals section. I will sit and chat with my marshalling colleagues at Silverstone and do an update after then

Wooosh!!!!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 07:42:16 pm »

Werner, I note you want an update to the Marshals section. I will sit and chat with my marshalling colleagues at Silverstone and do an update after then

Hi Jason,

that'll be great. I guess that dealing with all the hybrid stuff requieres a lot more training for the marshalls to be able to proper handle these cars in accident situations. Would be interesting to hear something about it.

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 08:45:20 pm »

I'll provide as many pictures as possible.
Sebring, Silverstone and Spa are on my list (got full access in ELMS again), test day at LM not sure yet.  Will depend on getting credentials or not (and my budget). 

Just let me know if you need something special, apart from the cars.

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 07:22:40 am »

I'll provide as many pictures as possible.
Sebring, Silverstone and Spa are on my list (got full access in ELMS again), test day at LM not sure yet.  Will depend on getting credentials or not (and my budget). 

Just let me know if you need something special, apart from the cars.

That's great, I was hoping for this. Just in case you can't make it to the test day - is anyone else from CA going there?

Jason
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 08:48:35 am »

Hi Jason,

that'll be great. I guess that dealing with all the hybrid stuff requieres a lot more training for the marshalls to be able to proper handle these cars in accident situations. Would be interesting to hear something about it.
The 'training' I got last year was "if the hybrid warning light is on, For Gods sake DON'T TOUCH unless you really really Really have to!"

I believe JDS is headed to the test

Wooosh!!!!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 01:52:36 pm »

We had to cancel a planned trip to Germany just before Christmas so had to amend our Eurotunnel, and by some strange coincidence it got changed to the test weekend... Roll Eyes  So, yes, we are off down for that for the first time.  Having made the last Mortgage payment a few weeks ago budgets are a lot less tight now Grin

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Jason
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 02:24:04 pm »

Is it worth a few paragraphs on the track changes that have happened over the winter?

Wooosh!!!!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 05:52:33 pm »

Is it worth a few paragraphs on the track changes that have happened over the winter?

Defintely! Just add it to the respective chapter, that would be great.

Hi Jason, correction: Aricus has already taken over this chapter and will update with the latest track changes.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:03:20 am by Werner » Logged

Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 01:02:12 pm »

I'll update the support races as before

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 07:22:27 am »

I'll update the support races as before

Excellent, thank you!

Jason
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 11:56:20 am »

E
Defintely! Just add it to the respective chapter, that would be great.

Hi Jason, correction: Aricus has already taken over this chapter and will update with the latest track changes.
Cheer Werner.
 Just to update, I've uploaded most of the changes to the marshals section. I just need to do the hybrid part, and i can do that in a couple of weeks after Silverstone - if that timing works?

Wooosh!!!!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 03:12:31 pm »

I've split the marshalling discussion out into a separate thread 'Marshalling changes' http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=12514.0

Steve East Anglian cobras

Jason
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 02:26:45 pm »

Marshal section is complete, apart from a secteur map, which I can't upload from work. Can someone please read through and let me know if there are any issues.
Thanks

Wooosh!!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: