Club Arnage
May 02, 2024, 10:57:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 LM Home Guard Thread  (Read 15705 times)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2015, 02:03:00 pm »

And Fran, will you be returning next year my dear?

There is a good chance I will venture back to LM Si!!  Deffo won't be doing TT next year... and if anyone sees me getting lured back to it... please stop me!

F
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2015, 02:30:42 pm »

would of preferred

would have or would've preferred...Smiley

(we won't mention thoroughly as opposed to throughly...)
Thank you for your input. If you look at previous posts of mine you will see I am generally sh*t at spelling / grammar so correct what you like  Wink

Ok, that's 2015 over. 2016 planning next on the agenda. Dad was at the race this year and took a look at Maison Blanc for me as that's where we usually stay. Comments were that it "has been crucified, awful, no character, dead"

So guess I'll be looking for another site for next year's visit. Any recommendations to go for/avoid?

On the coverage this year you did get a few good views of MB as they seem to have cameras on the new Porsche centre which shot alot of MB and you could see it was a bit dead  Cry

And Fran, will you be returning next year my dear?

There is a good chance I will venture back to LM Si!!  Deffo won't be doing TT next year... and if anyone sees me getting lured back to it... please stop me!

F

restraints at the ready  police

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2015, 02:41:25 pm »

Maison Blanche did look very empty from the helicopter shots. As I wasn't there this year I don't know why that was. Does anyone know if it's been sold differently or whether the A.C.O. has restricted ticket sales in advance of turning the whole site into some sort of gross corporate venue?

According the Eurosport the race was sold out. I'm pretty sure that had I turned up on Saturday I could have bought a ticket on the gate.

Any views?

How's the spelling and grammar?

I tested negative for patience.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2015, 02:49:26 pm »

10/10

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2015, 03:27:41 pm »

Cheers!

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2015, 03:58:22 pm »

Maison Blanche did look very empty from the helicopter shots. As I wasn't there this year I don't know why that was. Does anyone know if it's been sold differently or whether the A.C.O. has restricted ticket sales in advance of turning the whole site into some sort of gross corporate venue?

According the Eurosport the race was sold out. I'm pretty sure that had I turned up on Saturday I could have bought a ticket on the gate.

Any views?

Lord Steve,

as the building work was only just finished, the ACO decided to leave the area's where heavy plant & machinery had been working within MB to grass rather than sell the pitches and find out that they were unusable just prior to the race.

Yes, it was very frustrating seeing the empty areas.  If we had all pitched up with our camping tickets and found the site unusable we would have been rightly annoyed and upset. There would have been a lot of unhappy campers with nowhere to stay.............

It was a ""no win"" situation for the ACO and the best / worst option for them to take in the short term.

J

Si H
CA Veteran

It's almost time to go again....

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2015, 04:08:21 pm »

It was a ""no win"" situation for the ACO and the best / worst option for them to take in the short term.

This is leading to the question....will MB revert to the campsite it used be in 2016 or will it remain a treasured part of our memories and become a corporate area going forward?

I guess it'll depend on how many pitches the ACO allocate and whether people think of booking it after going elsewhere this year.

Only time will tell.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2015, 09:01:56 pm »

How was the TT? My wife has expressed an interest in going to the TT Smiley

Hiya Jules

I didnt do the full fortnight this year just practice week and through to Monday night, so just caught a couple of races.

Weather not great (rain and gales and campers being taken into shelters!!) so the usual round of RTCs, cancellations and delays!  When its running its fantastic but there is an awful lot of hanging around and looking at empty tarmac!

Having said that, like LM24 its about more than just the racing and there is plenty going on to see and do.  I love the Isle of Man anyway so its always good to visit.

Ferry bookings are a bit of a nightmare and probably showing as sold out for next year already, though people can just hold a booking on a deposit and in February when the balance is due a lot will drop out and availability shows up again.  Same with accommodation, sells out pretty fast (other than camping) with lots of people booking from one year to the next.

If I am really honest, I prefer the smaller Irish road racing meetings (like Cookstown, Armoy, Ulster GP, etc) which just run over a couple of days or so and the action is fast n furious on 3-4 mile laps with group starts.  I would absolutely recommend going to any of those!!  I am off to Kells this weekend which is another great meeting but south of the border so they race on a Sunday - in NI its usually Friday practice /Saturday racing!

The Southern 100 in the Isle of Man is fab too - not on the Mountain Course but a shorter road course near Castletown.

The Scarborough meetings are good if you just want a taster of the bikes being so close and fast - but wear at least 6 layers of thermals!!

If there is anything specific I can help on just message!

F

Thanks Fran,

Will be in touch, what are the camp sites like?

can you move around the mountain course if you are on the inside of the track so to speak during practice or racing?

J

know all about Oliver mount, even peddled my Nova rally car round there back in the day:)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2015, 09:51:31 pm »

Will be in touch, what are the camp sites like?

can you move around the mountain course if you are on the inside of the track so to speak during practice or racing?

I will send a pm rather than hijack this thread!

jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2015, 05:54:37 am »

would of preferred

would have or would've preferred...Smiley

(we won't mention thoroughly as opposed to throughly...)

The best part of 170 posts on here and you still think spelling and grammar are the most important aspects of communication on CA?

Simply put....no. Smiley

Edit: but now that you mention it....does number of posts mean the same to you? Smiley
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:58:19 am by jimclark » Logged

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2015, 08:10:20 am »

....does number of posts mean the same to you? Smiley

Eh?
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2015, 12:29:00 pm »

....does number of posts mean the same to you? Smiley

Eh?

It's a mystery Fran.

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2015, 12:34:38 pm »

Any views?

Thanks Jules
Did you notice that the other sites were more cramped than usual due to this?
MB started to lose it's magic a few years ago I think and I enjoyed Tetre Rouge last year so I think I'll look at that site again in 2016 (planning already underway)

Steve
Lord Steve,

as the building work was only just finished, the ACO decided to leave the area's where heavy plant & machinery had been working within MB to grass rather than sell the pitches and find out that they were unusable just prior to the race.

Yes, it was very frustrating seeing the empty areas.  If we had all pitched up with our camping tickets and found the site unusable we would have been rightly annoyed and upset. There would have been a lot of unhappy campers with nowhere to stay.............

J

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: