Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 03:56:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad News, Good News  (Read 9985 times)
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:00:37 am »

Having got back from the test weekend yesterday I have some Bad News and Some Good News to report!

Bad news is if you were thinking of going through Le Mans, and back out through ZI Sud to get to Arnage, then be warned the Tram Line works are causing chaos that side of Le Mans!

Good news is diesel was only €1.20 a litre at Arnage Super U, 95 was €1.44 and 98 €1.48. Filling stations are slightly dearer and Motorway services much dearer (of course), Auchan at Calais was much the same price wise.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 12:07:19 pm »

I can confirm that the 'works' on the south west side of the city (ZI Sud) are likely to be gridlocked next week. Even with the very light traffic of test weekend it was a nightmare. The A11-D326 'western swing' will probably be the best alternative way to traverse that part of the town.

Having got back from the test weekend yesterday I have some Bad News and Some Good News to report!

Bad news is if you were thinking of going through Le Mans, and back out through ZI Sud to get to Arnage, then be warned the Tram Line works are causing chaos that side of Le Mans!

Good news is diesel was only €1.20 a litre at Arnage Super U, 95 was €1.44 and 98 €1.48. Filling stations are slightly dearer and Motorway services much dearer (of course), Auchan at Calais was much the same price wise.

crispyshark

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 12:50:39 pm »

Chaps,

We are staying in Blu Nord and got whacked by heavy traffic last year when we came in from the north on the Thursday afternoon...basically lots of people queuing on the motorway going nowhere!

This year we are thinking about bypassing Le Mans proper completely and approaching the camp site from the D92.

Thoughts?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 01:01:13 pm »

Yeah, go on the Monday instead  Evil

I got caught in traffic mayhem last year on the Thursday too so I'm going on the Monday :-)
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 06:17:14 pm »

Since the ruddy tram isn't programmed to go to Arnage, they are building bus lanes and up near the bypass, as said, it is a nightmare. Best avoided at all costs any day, let alone next week.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 07:30:43 pm »

Just take a large bag of tolerance with you. 

Which ever way you go you'll find 100,000 other have chosen the same route. 

Keep Calm and have a bier when you get there.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 07:59:27 pm »

Wise words Tom.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 11:59:39 pm »

This takes some understanding.

So the ring road (which runs from the north, near the A28 Peage exit and Auchan) is being dug up a mile or two north of Arnage, at between 7 and 8 o'clock on the ring.

Alternatives are to head for Angers on the A11 Peage (outer by-pass), and cut back on the D326, pulling off at the airport.  The D92 might work, if you can get there, or come off the A28 south of Le Mans, just south of Ecommoy, and head north to Mulsanne.

I might try the ring road clockwise, and turn off at Carrefour and pray that the satnav will get me that far

If any of this is wrong, please let me know

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 07:43:37 am »

Thanks guys - really useful to know, as we're on BN and that route to get around is one of our most driven.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 09:39:22 am »

Cheers for the heads-up. We've got folks trying to get to Arnage and seems will need to teach them the back route in which will be fun on Thursday afternoon when other roads are reserved for Audis, Toyotas, Porsches and Astons etc only!!

Will be trying to detail instructions for my folk but in short it will be
A28 to Le Mans
A11 to Paris
A28 to Orleans/Blois/Tours
Exit 24 to Ruaudin
then Mulsanne and the delights of the diversion through Monce-en-Berlin back to Virage d'Arnage!
cja

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 11:05:30 am »

This all sounds cheery....... 

We're coming up through Le Lude, so it'll just be delays, likely magnified by a factor of 10  Roll Eyes

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 11:10:27 am »

This all sounds cheery....... 

We're coming up through Le Lude, so it'll just be delays, likely magnified by a factor of 10  Roll Eyes

Right past my parents front door then as thats where they live  Grin

cja

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 11:21:04 am »

Sounds good.........

is breakfast for 5 out of the question?  Grin

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 02:25:16 pm »

Personally, I think I'd be inclined to take the A11 west and then exit towards the circuit from that side, coming in via Spay. Far less traffic will try and arrive from the west of Le Mans than from the east.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 03:05:54 pm »

Does that route bring you in via Mulsane, I was thinking that may be a better way?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: