Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 11:53:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charities Officer  (Read 2859 times)
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2015, 08:15:07 pm »

I posted this in the general 'donations' thread, but it may have got buried there.

We do have a pot of money in the bank accumulated over the last few years.  It is in our remit to keep back a sum to cover emergency housekeeping expenses, but we still would have reasonable donations to be made to our chosen charities.

The few people currently involved with administering Club Arnage have tacitly agreed that we should try and make a 'bit of a splash' with the donations, rather than simply sending them a cheque.  For example, a few years ago, a cheque was presented on the podium at Silverstone.  We have some basic ideas, however we do not have the time to develop them - in the past we had a 'Charities Officer' (Doris) who did all this, but since her departure to the Antipodes, we have had no-one.

It would be appreciated it if someone could pick up this task.  It is not an onerous nor long term task - just someone to develop the ideas and liaise with the charities concerned.

Any volunteers??

PM me if you have the time and inclination.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 08:56:44 pm »

I echo Del's post - the sums involved are significant enough to merit something more than just a note and a "cheque in the post" to the recipients of CA's chosen charities - Cancer Research (as well as being a good cause, remembering Termie) and the Motorsport Safety Fund (which aids improvements in safety standards at motorsport events at all levels).

Making any necessary arrangements should not involve a great deal of time and effort - as Del says, there's a couple of ideas in mind; as well as a bit of time, location is another aspect, so please PM Del if you feel you can help.  Many thanks,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 09:29:16 am »

When you do get a new 'officer' let me know.  I suspect I still have the names of the people I dealt with at both the MSF and AICR.  They may or may not still be there of course, but it's a good starting point.

I'd volunteer to do it all again but I fear the distance may make it a little bit harder than for someone who is based in the UK.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 03:26:11 pm »

I'm pleased to announce that Aricus654 has volunteered his services for this position, and we wish him well.  I'm sure he will update us with the results of his efforts in due course.  Thanks mate.

Doris - pm sent

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 10:44:40 pm »

I'm pleased to announce that Aricus654 has volunteered his services for this position, and we wish him well.  I'm sure he will update us with the results of his efforts in due course.  Thanks mate.

Doris - pm sent

Del

Excellent!  Smiley

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 06:46:06 pm »

Thanks!

Any thoughts ideas or advice you have will be gratefully received.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: