Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 08:44:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice needed on dealing medical/clinical negligence.....  (Read 2358 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2015, 11:22:42 pm »

Folks,

In the great traditions of the whole range of experience and knowledge spread across CA's members, I'm after some advice on pursuing a potential medical/clinical negligence case. 

Some of you may recall my other half's issue with hip surgery last year - well it seems that the first op last year had an incorrectly installed joint, which contributed directly to her fall, resulting in significant thigh bone breakages and a further hip replacement; this sort of worked for a while but wires came loose and one main muscle group was attached in the wrong place.  This has resulted in restricted mobility and continuing pain.

There are other contibutory issues, such as her surgeon only working in UK one month in three, meaning that there was no follow up care or appointments between operations. To cap it all, not only has she now found that a further op to correct the muscle issue comes with high risk of infecting the hip and a 50/50 chance of success, but the hospital that employs her (she's a nurse and the hospital is NHS) has now decided to retire her from their employment on the grounds of ill health.....

Any advice by posting on this thread or by PM to me on the best ways and trials and tribulations of pursuing such a case, or recommendations of good lawyers to do so gratefully received.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:20:56 am »

Hi Mark,

You might want to contact Peter Cutler on this a he works for a very good solicitors who may be able to help you.

One word of advice tho, is do not consider or have any dealings with Carpenters Solicitors in Birkenhead they messed up my personal injury claim big time.

Whereas Peters company although too late for my claim actually gave me some good advice on what to do about said solicitors.

Andy
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 01:26:57 am »

Simon Dyer at Cloisters.
Very well regarded and incredibly successful in what he does.
Not cheap though.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: