Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 04:14:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fundraising Ideas  (Read 6614 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2015, 01:30:25 pm »

I'd like to draw on the collective brains trust of the forum.

Nowadays we get donations from the downloads of the guide, but I know that CA used to raise funds in other ways.

I'm keen to restart things that have worked in the past and start new things.

What ideas do people have?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 06:13:54 pm »

Aricus how about a donation bucket on friday night if The Brethren will allow? I managed to raise 300 euros for cancer research by going on the roller coaster on saturday afternoon. Pissed people donate more than sober ones.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 10:03:42 am »

The Club Arnarge flag post is generating a lot of interest could a couple be each one for donations?

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 01:10:07 pm »

I think that it is entirely reasonable that a small optional donation is added say £1/£2 is added to flags, hats, t-shirts.

But the numbers aren't going to bring in a lot of money unless there are many made.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 01:17:53 pm »

Aricus how about a donation bucket on friday night if The Brethren will allow? I managed to raise 300 euros for cancer research by going on the roller coaster on saturday afternoon. Pissed people donate more than sober ones.

I always find that people are more generous after a few drinks. (I've also suspected that separating expectant parents from their money is even easier - Mr T and I have often considered "creating" a "Sooth You Unborn Baby through calming whale sounds" downloadable recording!)

I like the idea but there are two challenges: firstly someone would have to stay sober and guard the money (someone tried to steal Mr T's axe last year and it had to be "retrieved" from the thief's rucksack), the other is that we are already there through The Brethren's generous hospitality. It's their gig not ours.

Aricus

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 06:54:52 pm »

I always find that people are more generous after a few drinks. (I've also suspected that separating expectant parents from their money is even easier - Mr T and I have often considered "creating" a "Sooth You Unborn Baby through calming whale sounds" downloadable recording!)

I like the idea but there are two challenges: firstly someone would have to stay sober and guard the money (someone tried to steal Mr T's axe last year and it had to be "retrieved" from the thief's rucksack), the other is that we are already there through The Brethren's generous hospitality. It's their gig not ours.

Aricus

Might be an idea to ask Rusty etc. on their thoughs of collecting at their "Soiree" They might even have a few ideas.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 10:08:29 pm »

Pole dance contest? People usually throw money at the dancers Evil We can collect and donate it then :-)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:27:07 am by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 08:42:22 am »

Pole dance contest? People usually throw money at the dancers Evil We can collect and donate it then :-)

The only problem with this is that it's usually Rex dancing naked around the flag pole at LM.  Unless you were thinking that people would throw money to make him stop...

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 09:13:53 am »

The only problem with this is that it's usually Rex dancing naked around the flag pole at LM.  Unless you were thinking that people would throw money to make him stop...

Dx
Not wholly convinced that any sum of money would stop him.

Chances of success about the same as a sponsored dry-a-thon for LM week ;-)

Crouch..........bind..........set
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 06:28:45 pm »

I think that it is entirely reasonable that a small optional donation is added say £1/£2 is added to flags, hats, t-shirts.

But the numbers aren't going to bring in a lot of money unless there are many made.

Aricus

Just a quick look back, the charity account benefitted as follows:
T shirts in 2008 £399
T shirts in 2009 £428
Calendars £631
Lanyards £210

Flags and polo shirts were done "privately" so no revenue for CA.

Just some of the merchandise that has raised quite a bit over the years.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 09:13:46 pm »

Swear box!!!!!

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 10:52:45 pm »

As Del says, merchandise was fruitful in the past, requiring volunteers to give their time to manage orders, payments, production and distribution.  The biggest advantage is that they were done and sorted well beforehand, rather than in the midst of the hurly burly of Le Mans week itself.  But that was in pre-Faceache days, when more CAers were on the forum routinely to respond to stuff, rather than just being on it in the immediate few weeks before the race, as is the case for many now.  So we would need to get the word out other than just through posts on the forum, but that shouldn't be difficult via email or if we are contemplating a Faceache page or similar.

The prospect of watching money roll in as an adjunct to Rex poledancing is an entertaining thought, but one, I venture to suggest, that would be very difficult to manage effectively in the fluidity of the Friday evening carnage that is chez our dear Brethren.  Maybe there is an alternative - the "CA Gathering", is advertised in the Guide for a Saturday evening - I don't know about others, as I've only made that once as me and mine tend to be out around the circuit at that time, but it's a busy time and full of the public around and about the area - could it be arranged instead for, say, the Thursday evening in the hour between the qualifying sessions, or sometime on the Friday, before and separate from the Brethren party? 

Old school tin rattling by extroverts wearing some fancy garb around the campsites is another means.  Perhaps get that supplemented by some mentions on RLM so that people are expecting it (John Hindhaugh is a sometime contributor to the forum, so could be contacted to ask about getting the odd mention on RLM).     

The charity auction, IIRC, was mainly for items/experiences that had been gifted through various CA individual's contacts with race teams (e.g. signed gloves, posters/artwork, visit to a team's pit during the race etc).  However, with the advent of instant social media and the ebb and flow of various groups and people attending Le Mans, I suspect that recreating the days of the DFH party, sound stage, Flying Baguettes concert with the charity auction would misfire.  However, the charity auction concept might be a possibility if it were done online provided enough people knew about it, or on air (revert to earlier comment re RLM)?     

MG Mark         

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 09:43:16 pm »

I think you've hit on an idea Mark - I have fond memories of the original CA Gatherings in the champagne bar in the (proper / old) village. Surely we could recreate that at Le Courbe Bar on Saturday night.
I'd be happy to volunteer to collect donations and bank them in an way agreed by all here. Can we put up a poll on the site to collect votes on evefyone's favourite charity.
While we are at it, does anyone have a direct line into John Hindhaugh? Any involvement from RLM would help our cause and encourage non-CAmembers to get involved and donating.

I think we are onto something. Any suggestions?

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2015, 07:13:13 am »

Surely we could recreate that at Le Courbe Bar on Saturday night.

In the last years there was no real "CA Gathering" at La Courbe - despite the fact it was advertised in the CA Guide. This year I was there at the published time and met no other CAers...

Any suggestions about how to revitalize the CA Gathereing?

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 11:45:04 am »

While we are at it, does anyone have a direct line into John Hindhaugh? Any involvement from RLM would help our cause and encourage non-CAmembers to get involved and donating.

Hindy is on FB as Hindy John and Eve is Eve Hewitt- both best via the Midweek Motorsport Collective. Or contact RLM on twitter @specutainment (Hindy) or @radiolemans (Eve)

John will be at the Race of Rememberance in November if anyone is going

Wooosh!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: