Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 10:45:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tickets....how do I get 'em?  (Read 4970 times)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2015, 05:28:31 pm »

A few of our original squad are planning a bit of a re-union at LM this year, - to toast poor old Savaloy (very heavily), talk general bollocks, and I believe we've some ashes to distribute.
Anyway, it's been a few years since any of us have made the journey, and my ACO membership is no more, so can anyone tell me the best way to get tickets these days? I've tried TL, but there's already a hefty waiting list, are there any other agencies that anyone can recommend?
Hanging on and keeping an eye out on Sell or Swap is always an option, but probably a bit of a lottery, it'd be nice to get on Blue Nord and that way we can talk even more bollocks, for a more sustained period.
Holy sh*t, I sound like a newbie...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 06:22:42 pm »

How many camping spaces do you think you'd need? I don't have any spare but I'm just about to put in my "magic" order (where I seem to get the same BN spaces each year without any question) and I can ask if they can give me a few more...
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 09:57:10 am »

Last time I saw you, I was driving through Arnage in the MGA with you waving at me from one of the cafes, some years ago now.  It would be good to hear you spout your particular brand of magnificent bollocks in the flesh again, rather than just reading the odd instalment here.

As per Smokie's reply, we're on BN and about to confirm our order - how many are you looking for ?

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 01:12:44 pm »

Hi Mark,
Who can resist a post with the phrase "magnificent bollocks"?
Not me.
It's a bit of a long shot really, - ideally we're after about 5 camping (and 10 grandstand, maybe too long a shot?).
Smokie is going to try and bulk his request up, and see what they offer, - maybe you could do the same and who knows, we might be able to cobble enough together.
It's beginning to look like a lads and dads thing, maybe after scattering Savaloy it's an opportunity to hand over the mantle.
Personally, I'd rather hand over the mantelpiece, it's a badly tiled shocker, I can't understand why anyone would put that at the bottom of a good chimney.
H

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 11:46:37 pm »

I'll give it a go and see what hsppens; if nothing doing, we may well have a couple spare anyway which might help. We never order grandstand tickets, so afraid can't help with that one.

Bringing a mantelpiece all the way to Le Mans seems a tad much, particularly if it is lacking in the artistic merit department, although if nothing else it could be a good way of dads winding lads up if you make them cart it around Arnage.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 08:48:25 pm »

I have a rather unfortunate experience of "lads and dads" at Le Mans. I took my lad a few years ago and he ended up in Le Mans hospital after collapsing on Maison Blanche. Lots of paramedics, ambulances - that sort of thing. Turns out he was suffering from extreme dehydration. I let him down - dehydration at Le Mans, previously unheard of!!

Bad father

I tested negative for patience.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 11:05:33 am »

Shocking parenting if you ask me Steve.
I hope that well oiled machine that is Social Services clicked into gear and removed the young tyke from the cheap labour sweat shop cotton mill that is undoubtedly whirring away in your condemned basement area.
H
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:08:06 am by BigH » Logged

PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 01:55:05 pm »

I have used Travel Destinations on several occasions, top rate service and, as important, reliable.

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »

I've had a fair few communications with ACO over this. Sometimes I think they deliberately misunderstand emails, and each reply takes a minimum of two to three days.

However today they said that they can't help as they've sold out.

So H - sorry, but I did try!! Hope to see you there though...
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 12:09:08 pm »

Many thanks for having a go Mark, - I know they're not the easiest people to communicate with.
I'll start to make a few enquiries with agencies.
Thanks for the recommendation PAFC.
H

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: