Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 01:24:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Film: Steve McQueen - The Man and Le Mans  (Read 2708 times)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2015, 02:55:27 pm »

I went to see this last night.  Its worth a look if you get the chance (I think its only limited cinema release currently and only 6 people in the audience when I went, so unlikely to do much more before going to DVD).  

Its an interesting insight into the making of the Le Mans movie and its effect on various careers afterwards but not so much about the race itself.  It certainly explains some of its shortcomings!

There are a few shots of the 2014 race and crowds, so you may even catch sight of yourself if you were there.

F
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 10:52:28 pm »

There are a few shots of the 2014 race and crowds, so you may even catch sight of yourself if you were there.

F

Hi Fran, long time...

This business about seeing yourself... did they really cover people sitting outside their tent! Smiley

When are you coming back to LM... you are such a good listener, I miss you Smiley

Hope all is good.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 01:06:17 pm »

There were fleeting glimpses of the campsites so you may have your nanosecond of fame - everything is possible!

Not sure when I will be back - unlikely to be 2016 though.  I won't be at TT but most of my motor racing budget is being spent in Ireland again next year.  :-)

Just think of the stories you will have saved up by the next time I make the trip!

F
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 10:52:38 pm »

There were fleeting glimpses of the campsites so you may have your nanosecond of fame - everything is possible!

Not sure when I will be back - unlikely to be 2016 though.  I won't be at TT but most of my motor racing budget is being spent in Ireland again next year.  :-)

Just think of the stories you will have saved up by the next time I make the trip!

F
Hey Fran, made me laugh as usual, I did not ever really think I was a story teller, just a lot of rabbit - pan fried with blackberry sauce, just made that up but sounds good...
So your budget is going on Guinness or are you visiting some races??... horrendous cost for me to get there for races, same as IoM TT, but I am also looking at alternatives. I fancy coupling the MotoGP in Catalunya with LM one year, a lot of driving but will be retired in 2017 so maybe then. Also fancy the Goodwood Revival.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 11:18:17 pm »

Ireland is all about the real road racing... great fun and cheap as chips in theory.  I do some sponsorship for a few riders (and sidecars) which adds a bit of interest!

I cant wait for retirement, just wish I would be solvent when the time comes!

F
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: