Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 03:52:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thursday CA Meet  (Read 31703 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2016, 11:26:32 am »

I've tried going along to the designated meeting place a number of times now.  I've never made it quite on time, but within 20-30 minutes.

I have never found anyone there that I recognised or who looked like they were CA (through the usual giveaways, funny walk, hat/t shirt, wearing a CA flag as a sun hat etc).

Of course, the time clashes with the Saturday night concert, although many of us don't follow Plastic French Pop bands so don't have that problem.  (Earth Wind & Fire Experience was really rather good, especially if you were wearing gold lame hotpants and a feather boa).

Two questions:

1 has anyone actually been to the Saturday CA meeting in the last, say 3 years?

2 there was a suggestion a while back to change it to Thursday which I think is a very good idea, I just cannot find who said it or where. So what about it?

Aricus654
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:25:55 am by aricus654 » Logged

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 05:59:24 pm »

I think Thursday night is a great idea and would suggest the Courbe Bar as you are trackside for the evening practice.

I tested negative for patience.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 08:37:11 pm »

I have tried for a number of years, unfortunately I have a problem getting my lazy arxe out of my seat - sorry.

Thursday sounds pretty good as I still have a little energy at that time of the week.

It would be really good to see the same amount of people turning up as we used to have at the Champagne bar, also good to get a resurgence into the CA Brand.

>Martini...LB
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:45:13 pm by Martini...LB » Logged

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 08:41:35 pm »

I think the Thursday suggestion may have been mine.....

The suggestion was based on Friday not being great because of a wide range of other "dos",  and Saturday not great because of the race going on so plenty of people are elsewhere around and about the circuit, concert etc, and there has been a quantum change in the whole pit village atmosphere.

Hence, Thursday during the break between the two sessions might work better these days.

That said, the origins of the CA Saturday meet lie around the cusp of the mobile phone/internet expansion, when a fixed time/place to meet was still handy.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 08:49:18 pm »

That said, the origins of the CA Saturday meet lie around the cusp of the mobile phone/internet expansion, when a fixed time/place to meet was still handy.

Sorry, what the hell does this mean?

>Martini...LB

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 08:53:25 pm »

Bit like Del said on one of the other threads - before social meejah really got going and mobile phones/internet became common when visiting abroad, contact was more limited, so having a pre-arranged meeting was helpful.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 08:57:28 pm »

Bit like Del said on one of the other threads - before social meejah really got going and mobile phones/internet became common when visiting abroad, contact was more limited, so having a pre-arranged meeting was helpful.

MG Mark

Thanks Mark
I think you have probably sorted a lot a of minds with your answer, not just mine...
Thanks.

>Martini...LB

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 09:07:30 pm »

It's just that old-fashioned way that the old fart contingent used to operate....

MG Mark

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 09:29:58 pm »

It's just that old-fashioned way that the old fart contingent used to operate....

MG Mark
I am that category...

>Martini...LB

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 12:22:30 am »

Wasn't Thursday traditionally (but maybe not recently) meet the moose? At the Tertre Rouge bar?
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 04:52:04 am »

Wasn't Thursday traditionally (but maybe not recently) meet the moose? At the Tertre Rouge bar?

Hi Geoff,
            Certainly was for a number of years. 9 pm Thursday between night practices.
I continued to attend the Saturday night gathering up until 2015. In both 13 & 14 there was no one there atleast not anyone that looked as though they were meeting us.
The Grand Marnier Crepe stand was missing and missed this year. My tradition ,started by a suggestion from Grand Fromage himself, was to have a crepe (or 2) at midnight.
Phil
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:57:32 am by Canada Phil » Logged
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 09:25:33 am »

My two penny's worth: -

The enormous success of Friday night's Brethren bash now means that most of us bump in to each other on Bleu Nord sometime on Friday night/Saturday morning.

The last time I rocked up to the CA meet there were just 4 of us!

So it seems to me that a pre-arranged Thursday night get together is a good idea. The Courbe bar makes sense and don't make it too late as there's beer to be drunk Cool

Crouch..........bind..........set
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 07:51:17 pm »

Yup, I'm liking the sound of a Thursday meet up at the Courbe Bar between the 2 practice sessions - and I'll try to drag Martini's arse up there too.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 08:46:55 pm »

Sounds like we have a plan.

I'm in.

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 08:53:10 pm »

Anyone remember the original "tea towels on the head" gathering at the dust bowl shampoo bar. I seem to recall that was the year that the Wailers were the band. Canada Phil might remember presiding over an impromptu wedding ceremony. Happy days!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: