Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 04:50:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans Winner's Trophy  (Read 2220 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2016, 11:13:14 am »

Hi chaps,

My old pal Mike Youles won the C2 category in 1990 in a largely self-funded Spice/Cosworth DFV. For me it was one of the last great privateer stories of the race, before the end of the C era.

Mike is a fantastically warm and generous guy, and in and around the various trials life has dealt him, he has worked for many years as a volunteer with homeless people. He recently set himself a target of raising a relatively modest £1,000 to buy sleeping bags for people unfortumate enough to be sleeping rough in this cruel weather. His appeal can be found here:

https://www.justgiving.com/michael-youles/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=michael-youles&utm_campaign=pfp-share

Inexplicably the appeal seems to have stalled at around £750, and in an act of characteristic generosity Mike has offered his winner's trophy in a sealed bid auction. Mike says;

"This is a photograph of me in earlier times, holding in my left hand my 1990 Group C2 winning driver's trophy (one of three presented that year of course).

I am committed to raise £1000.00 for the charity Off The Fence's sleeping bags for Brighton and Hove's homeless campaign. My collecting seems to have stalled... so I am putting up for auction this rare item.

The rules are simple, if you are interested in owning this trophy, please personal message me via Facebook stating your best bid. In the event of me not reaching my £1000.00 target by the 31st January 2016 by normal donations, I will then accept the highest bid and require you to donate that amount via my Justgiving page. Good luck and please help me to potentially save lives or at least provide some comfort to less fortunate folk."

Now I for one don't think he should do this just to raise a measily £250 when winning the trophy in the first place cost him personally so much more. So if anyone here has the urge to donate, whatever amount, it will be very greatfully recieved by Mike.

Come on guys, let's see to it Mike keeps his trophy!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 11:18:27 am by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 07:37:10 pm »

Lets keep it going Chaps, I'm sure even a small donation will help peps less fortunate than us. It's cold out there.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 08:04:20 pm »

Great news, Mike has made the £1000, so gets to keep the trophy, which is absolutely right.

The cause is a good one, I wouldn't like to be out there.

And many of us know that it wouldn't take a great deal for many of us to be in the same position.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 03:35:41 pm »

Thanks everyone, job done!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: