Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 02:46:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring Head Count  (Read 5961 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2016, 03:32:58 pm »

So who is going to Sebring or making plans to go to Sebring from this side of the big pond.

Tom, Geoff, Anyone ?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 12:08:16 am »

I am not planning to go this year. I have plans for a bit of a road trip later in the year and the budget doesn't stretch to two trips in the same year... Shame as it's breaking a run of being in Florida in March since 2003. Tom has also said he won't be there this year, but Kristoff and Johnny are most likely going and I'm sure will be in touch.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 10:31:13 am »

I'm in !
Didn't plan to go this year, 'cause I intended to use my budget for the prologues at Paul Ricard.  Decided to go anyway after watching the Daytona 24, couldn't resist  Grin
Thanks to a decent amount of airmiles, the cost of 7 days in Florida is about the same as a 7 day trip to Paul Ricard & the south of France.

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 07:21:03 pm »

Awesome to hear your coming Kristof, it'll be great to finally meet up in person. Smokie, it's a shame you can't make it, been a few years since I've had a chance to catch up with you, and was looking forward to it.
Fax
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 08:13:27 pm »

HI Chris,

As Geoff said I'm not making the trip it will clash with my treatment.

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 05:47:00 pm »

20 days till I fly out, camping at T 10.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 06:09:29 am »

Back in January I decided with the exchange rate at  1.42 there was no way I could afford to go to Sebring. As March approaches I realise that I have never let lack of money get in the way of my trip to Sebring. So plans are once again being made. After Beer and Gas hopefully enough for some peanut butter sandwiches Smiley
Phil
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 06:09:41 pm »

Great to hear your onboard for this year Phil, Sebring wouldn't be the same without you.
Sadly Kirsten & I are going to be Saturday only attendees, she's a bit short on vacation time, so we're looking at something of a whirlwind trip. One night with my sister in Augusta Georgia, two nights with my aunt & uncle in Naples, Saturday at Sebring, then the fifteen hour death drive back home to Cincinnati on Sunday..Yeesh!
Fax
jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 12:07:56 am »

(1)
After Beer and Gas hopefully enough for some peanut butter sandwiches Smiley
Phil
(2) [/quote]
Sadly Kirsten & I are going to be Saturday only attendees, Fax

(1) Fergit the peanut butter! Just more beer!!! (alright, mebbe a loaf of cheapy white bread...)  Grin

(2) 'Haven't been since it was ALMS, and won't be 'til there's real race cars going for outright win. (Sorry P2, as long as there's still P1, you're second best) I will pop up tomorrow or Friday for the test session to get a taste, but that's it  Sad

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 12:27:12 am »

Great to hear your onboard for this year Phil, Sebring wouldn't be the same without you.
Sadly Kirsten & I are going to be Saturday only attendees, she's a bit short on vacation time, so we're looking at something of a whirlwind trip. One night with my sister in Augusta Georgia, two nights with my aunt & uncle in Naples, Saturday at Sebring, then the fifteen hour death drive back home to Cincinnati on Sunday..Yeesh!
Fax

Hi Fax,
         We have to do the best we can with the time allowed.
I envy you a 15 hour drive with two drivers. Although Google says mine is 22 driving hours it always takes me closer to 30 or even 32 hours depending on how much sleep I get @ WalMart
Last year some bastard decided he needed to sweep/vacuum the parking lot I was trying to sleep in.
Phil
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 02:58:54 am »

Agreed Phil, your drive's got mine beat by a long way.  The wife is good company, but not a lot of help as a co-pilot.  She's usually good for about two hours behind the wheel tops.  Last time we drove home from the Petit, I think our big power nap was in a Wendy's parking lot, scenic place Roll Eyes.
Fax
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 05:52:02 pm »

Regarding jimclarks comment, I get your frustration with the direction IMSA has gone in, God knows I've done enough bitching about the way most disciplines of the sport have evolved.  But I've learned to live with it, things are never going to be the way they were, but I figured I could either sit at home and pout, or deal with it, and still enjoy the experience of live motor racing.  It might not be the sport I used to know, but for me sitting on a hillside with a cold beer in my hand watching racing in person is still the best way I know to spend a afternoon.
Fax
jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 03:20:05 pm »

B G - I unnerstan' you're position; just can't do the same. I zipped up yesterday and got my "fix" during testing. There was a good number of cars there and I stayed from 8am thru 3pm. For my 10 bucks (plus gas for the 300 mile round trip) I got to see some "racing" and also the reminder of why I won't plunk down more to see what cars I'm not interested in. I was even dissappointed in the Ford GT...it sounds as bad as what they've made F1 sound like...flat. Oh well...to each his own. I have my memories, thus my signature.  Wink Smiley

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: