Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 11:24:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting guidelines  (Read 19018 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2003, 09:27:30 am »

Club Arnage prides itself on its active Forum, which contains a wealth of useful information, humour and sense of community. This year has been exceptional for gaining new members, and for innovation. Moderator intervention (censorship, if you prefer) is intentionally minimal to preserve that.

To keep it that way, please observe the following:

Language

• The swear filter (OK, nanny swear filter if you prefer) will catch and convert obvious words
  • There are ways round this, most of which have been seen before here
  • Neither of the above do much for the readability of a post
  • So please avoid gratutious swearing
Content

• Being part of the WWW, the site is accessible to anyone anywhere
  • CA is pleased to have members from many European countries, and benefits enormously from their presence
  • Posts which may cause offence to any CA members or guests on any grounds may be deleted or edited without warning
Just so as you know, it's a lot easier to delete threads or posts than edit them! So please think about what you are writing, as if you don't you may be wasting your time!

I'm leaving this thread unlocked for a while in case anyone wishes to comment, but frankly, I can't see what there is to say about it...and I don't personally intend getting into debate over it.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 08:18:19 pm »

I've lifted this advice from an existing thread on posting pics. There is no problem whatsoever with posting them (so long as they mneet the size rule etc), but thanks to Steve Brown for describing how to embed the URL to a pic rather than the pic itself. This saves server space and will help alleviate the UPLOAD FOLDER FULL condition we see from time to time.

Instead of downloading the picture to your PC, then doing the 'browse....attach' bit at the bottom of the submit post window, I search for the photo (assuming it's a suitable size), find the address of the photo by right clicking on it / click properties / and highlighting and copying the file address.

Then, in the body of my post, I use the picture frame icon
and copy the source picture address between the square brackets.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 12:21:44 am »

Absolutely the best way to do it. However, if the picture is on your local PC and not available elsewhere on the internet then you either have to use the "attach" facility on the message, or get the picture hosted elsewhere. This is the case when wanting to point people to a movie file. I must admit I've been lazy lately and attached several pics rather than hosting them first and then pointing the thread to them.

There are many free hosting services available for pictures, and most internet accounts today come with a certain amount of free space. If anyone has problems hosting stuff then email it to me and I'll host it for you (as long as it's good of course!!  Wink)
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 07:51:09 am »

As for pics, I use www.uploadit.org which provides a free space for 20 pics. That will obviously save space on the AC-server, and it's easier to control your own pics aswell. And if you've run out of space, it's easy to open another account with a new (ie. hotmail-)address. Smiley

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 08:27:49 pm »

I have been using http://www.photobucket.com for some time. I have no problems with the site, it is FREE, you can have loads of images on it, and when you upload images, it automatically generates the required text to enter to the Forum post.

Like this

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: