Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 08:51:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday Night Concert  (Read 13108 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2016, 09:16:33 pm »

OK, I know this divides opinion, what with a car race to watch, but there have been some good concerts, well, at least a couple, so...

Does anyone know who it is this year?

Do I have to grow a mullet, shave my head, frizz it? (I still have the gold lame hotpants and feather boa to bring if needs be).

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 10:52:28 pm »

The way 2016 has panned out so far it would be a brave man who booked anyone and expected them to be around to turn up

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 12:27:23 am »

The way 2016 has panned out so far it would be a brave man who booked anyone and expected them to be around to turn up

Bob,

I'm sorry I'm not sure I follow.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 01:02:06 am »

As John Cleese would say - "This parrot is dead"

RIP all

>Martini...LB
Not a singer or musician

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 01:09:26 am »

Ah!

Sadly it has been a bad year for people in the music profession.

Aricus

Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 02:55:48 am »

More bad news for music lovers and the music industry, I'm afraid................

Kanye West has been found alive and well.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 07:04:01 am »

More bad news for music lovers and the music industry, I'm afraid................

Kanye West has been found alive and well.

As you 'with it' types may say, lovvl  Cheesy

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 10:39:37 am »

I would like to see a good rock band there, nearest we have had i suppose was The Stranglers a few years back. But I think someone like the Quo would go down a storm. Shame most of them are probably looking behind their back now.

For what it is worth though there is a 3 day rock festival going on down South from Le Mans, the Hellfest... You never know one of those may be playing. I can just see Twisted Sister now belting out "Were not gonna take it" as the ACO toilets start overflowing from the effects of the red sausages.

Team J.E.D.I
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 12:41:27 pm »

For what it is worth though there is a 3 day rock festival going on down South from Le Mans, the Hellfest... You never know one of those may be playing. I can just see Twisted Sister now belting out "Were not gonna take it" as the ACO toilets start overflowing from the effects of the red sausages.

Bring on Rammstein !

clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 01:48:03 pm »

Bring on Rammstein !

Ich Will  Grin

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 11:17:42 pm »

Bring on Rammstein !

Links 2,3,4!
Now that would be worth leaving the race for!

I tested negative for patience.
Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 07:25:40 pm »

Having just seen the line up, I can confirm that I will continue with the watching of loud cars and the drinking of copious amounts of beer.

The Shoes?Huh

Anyone?

Team J.E.D.I
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 09:19:30 pm »

The Shoes.....for what it's worth!

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/15225-crack-my-bones/

And a link to their most popular song on Spotify...

https://open.spotify.com/track/4Ctde5yK1DUhf21Y2ruBsJ

Unless you're a hack laptop DJ who spends too much time trolling Hype Machine for hot new remixes, you may not be familiar with French production duo the Shoes. For the past couple of years, they've been toiling in that creative substrata of the electronic music world which means turning out big, buzzy remixes for indie popsters like Ladyhawke and Late of the Pier and occasionally getting a stab at flipping a song as massive as Wiley's bottle-popping, grime-gone-clubbing UK hit "Wearing My Rolex". No shame in that. Everyone has to start somewhere, and if Guillaume Brière and Benjamin Lebeau's aren't yet household names, their background has at least prepared them well for making their own surprisingly pop-oriented debut.

Shoes have recruited ringers including prolific all-purpose collaborator Gonzales and high-profile pop producer Lexxx (Arcade Fire, Crystal Castles, Madonna), as well as lesser-known names like Esser, CocknBullKid, and the Bewitched Hands to help out on everything from keys, vocals, and percussion to mixing and production duties. It would be surprising for these tracks not to come out sounding like well-polished pop, and indeed, they land nicely somewhere below the breezy highs of fellow Frenchmen Phoenix but above the well-groomed banality of, say, Tahiti 80.

About half the album aims for pathos at the disco, the kind of contrast of melancholy emotion and moving rhythms that have allowed rock bands to infiltrate dance clubs without mussing their pouts since at least the dawn of New Order. "Stay the Same" cops the glum night out vibe of early Hot Chip on the verses and the drugged choirboy falsetto of the Klaxons on the chorus. The title track has its vocalist sighing, "There's nobody in the club/ I am the only one who's dancing" over weeping synthetic strings, a listlessly robotic hand-clap, and an appropriately spacious amount of reverb. "Wastin' Time" is an effectively encouraging lift-your-head-up sort of ballad, backed with stick clicking percussion and soft cushioning synthesizer chords, its icy background vocals and keys recalling similar producers-turned-band Miike Snow.

But Shoes are at their best when they shake such ennui off. Of their more upbeat numbers, "People Movin" might have the most effective hook, an understatedly soulful revolving door chorus ("People movin' out/ People movin' in/ Why?") set to a preset Rhythm Ace "Latin" beat augmented with live drums and a mopey flute motif. Also outstanding is "Cliché", on which an arresting female vocal stutter opens up into synth squeals and airy diva vocals on the choruses.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:58:15 pm by aricus654 » Logged

Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 09:29:06 pm »

Cheers Aricus, just confirmed what I feared and that Im better off in the Guinness tent...

Team J.E.D.I
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 09:52:31 pm »

And me too Pat

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order