Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 01:54:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preparations for Le Mans  (Read 41101 times)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2016, 10:36:39 am »

Hi, I'm the director of the official film of the 24 hours of Le Mans. I'm looking for a small group of fans that we would follow during the parade on Friday and during the race. The idea is to film the same people before the start of the race, the evening at the campsite at night and on Sunday at the arrival. The official film is the one that is annually released on DVD. If you are interested you can contact me by email and send me a short presentation of you and your group of fans.
Thank you

Christophe
chh@b-side.tv

Hi B-side, there's only one group to follow, The Brethren!  Evil

That could be entertaining

aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2016, 12:24:46 pm »

Hi, I'm the director of the official film of the 24 hours of Le Mans. I'm looking for a small group of fans that we would follow during the parade on Friday and during the race. The idea is to film the same people before the start of the race, the evening at the campsite at night and on Sunday at the arrival. The official film is the one that is annually released on DVD. If you are interested you can contact me by email and send me a short presentation of you and your group of fans.
Thank you

Christophe
chh@b-side.tv

That could be entertaining

The lengths that some people go to so that they can get to go to a party. Perhaps news has reached them of my dancing.  Evil Evil Evil

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2016, 12:33:24 pm »

Happy days. Back when we travelled by Commer we regularly used to stop for an MOT on the way to the ferry in Portsmouth and then nip into the Post Office just off the Chichester by-pass to get the road tax disc... Or it seems like we did. All I know is it was a very close run thing.
The MOT invariably runs out on my camper the week of Le Mans. As the French refuse to register it here even though it was built in France, by them, I use it as an excuse to be 'half way' to Blighty and head up there after LM for a quick 'pre-booked' (if an Plod are reading) check, then back under 'la Manche' the same day and a slow drive south.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2016, 12:35:03 pm »

Thank you

Christophe
chh@b-side.tv

OMG That's gonna be messy - can you imaging telling PigPen he's gonna be on the telly?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2016, 02:35:11 pm »

Thank you

Christophe
chh@b-side.tv

OMG That's gonna be messy - can you imaging telling PigPen he's gonna be on the telly?

He was on Sky with Leighla a couple of years back. Filmed in the Driver's Club with Ben Collins (The Stig). It went to their heads a bit IIRC, and they started demanding dressing rooms, agents etc.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 11:53:01 pm »

Not sure if you actually sold the idea Andy  Grin  Though you did say the wine would be chilled...

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2016, 08:10:34 pm »

BMW is back all sorted  Grin

Tent for my brother and sleeping bags purchased, just need to check the other camping gear now

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2016, 08:26:41 pm »

Tent for my brother and sleeping bags purchased, just need to check the other camping gear now

And pick up your tickets Grin
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2016, 09:45:42 pm »

And there's me worrying about how close I'm cutting it with the MOT booked for Saturday! But then the car has been off the road for 13years  and I've not completely finished the rebuild yet (interior bits left) so perhaps that whats on my mind. I've got an evening in the garage pass for tonight and tomorrow night to get some niggles sorted.

As long as its a pass this weekend, the carbs set up is booked a week later, then I need to get cosmetic things finished and add as many miles as possible to the clock to ensure its going to be as smooth a run as possible in June.  Undecided

You Sir were always a fellow serial offender. It was normally a half-built Saab/Alfa/Landrover or similar IIRC.

Andy,

Pot calling kettle over.......there is a long and illustrious thread about your exploits with the Commer....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Si H
CA Veteran

It's almost time to go again....

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2016, 11:46:18 am »

The car is MOT'd but still in need of some work to make it Le Mans ready. New clutch being fitted tonight, new distributor should be arriving today too so that might get fitted tonight or tomorrow. Then I need to find time to get it back for the carbs to be tuned properly, this time with full rather than one third throttle movement.

Also this weekend its hopefully smartening the interior and fitting the stereo. If not, there's always the 11/12th June.....

Tonight is the gathering to check who's got what and what else is needed  Wink
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2016, 12:45:04 pm »

Let me know when  Kiss

aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2016, 01:27:08 pm »

The car is MOT'd but still in need of some work to make it Le Mans ready. New clutch being fitted tonight, new distributor should be arriving today too so that might get fitted tonight or tomorrow. Then I need to find time to get it back for the carbs to be tuned properly, this time with full rather than one third throttle movement.

Also this weekend its hopefully smartening the interior and fitting the stereo. If not, there's always the 11/12th June.....

Tonight is the gathering to check who's got what and what else is needed  Wink

Si,

You haven't mentioned the special LM parts - bottle rack, inbuilt water pistols, long range fuel tank?

What is the chariot that has been resting for so long?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2016, 01:56:09 pm »

Let me know when  Kiss

pm sent

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Si H
CA Veteran

It's almost time to go again....

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2016, 02:21:18 pm »

Si,

You haven't mentioned the special LM parts - bottle rack, inbuilt water pistols, long range fuel tank?

What is the chariot that has been resting for so long?

Aricus

Aren't those parts standard fitment??? Apart from the long range fuel tank...that's another issue! The new gauge hasn't been calibrated properly (yet) and I'm not sure if I have time to a) fix the calibration or b) do a long run once running right to see how far it goes before spluttering to a halt. I just got about 200miles out of a tank with it as it, so I'm going to need to stop at least twice on the return trip, just gotta guess when!

The chariot in question is a Quantum 2+2. Kit car based on a mk2 XR2. The current engine isn't quite standard...running a pair of weber DCNF's and a few other tweaks. But it was taken off the road May '03 just after I'd run the engine in so I don't have a benchmark for tank longevity. The reason for being taken off the road is a whole different story, lets just say the side of my Impreza was attracted to some trees, which left me with a serious head/brain injury and associated recovery time. Followed by moving into a house that needed renovating, having kids, life in general getting in the way of returning said chariot to the road until now.

So if you're en-route from Calais on the Wednesday or wandering around Epinettes over the event and see a little black convertible that you're not quite sure what it is, with a Red Bora, Grey'ish Jetta, Pale Blue Polo (if you read Performance VW you'll have seen it a few months back) and a Golf (not sure on colour as still being built) in company. Give us a toot or stop for a chat. There'll be a Club Arnage flag flying at the camp.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2016, 02:54:02 pm »

We're only over in Houx, so I'll drop by.

Aricus

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: