Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 09:29:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyond Le Mans - What does the summer hold?  (Read 5650 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2016, 09:25:17 am »

Clearly we are all preparing for Le Mans, polishing those cooking pans, checking our passports (err...  Embarrassed ), getting our steeds ready....

But for some of us, there may be life beyond LM and the WEC.

I have tickets for Camp Bestival (Fatboy Slim, Squeeze) and Goodwood Festival of Speed but much of my summer will involve much restorative work on my garden following the completion of building work.

What are other folk doing?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 11:16:15 am »

Well I'm not long back from 2 weeks in Egypt, which was hot and cheap!!

Already booked are:

A week at the Edinburgh Fringe (August)
A long weekend at a blues event in Worcester (August)
A cruise somewhere in Europe with the Mrs (Aug/Sept)

I'm looking at maybe 4 weeks in the States re-visiting some music venues (Memphis & New Orleans plus new destination of Austin, Texas) in the autumn but this isn't definite yet, but tickets for this http://home.deserttrip.com/ go on sale on Monday and I might well apply for one... not quite in my route but not a bad line-up so I'd either hire a car or get an internal flight to manage the detour.

If that trip doesn't come off then it'll probably be a 2 week driving trip to Munich for the Oktoberfest again. And possibly a couple more weeks in Egypt if it's still cheap.

Other than that, not a lot planned... :-)
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 11:38:16 am »

First grandchild from my son and his wife (a boy and potential junior LeManster) at the end of July and my daughter is getting married in September (farewell pension fund). In between I'm aiming to fit in another cruise and a house move......
Other than that I'm not busy at all!

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 03:49:53 pm »

The LM Classic early July and then the Cambridge Folk Festival end of July (4 days of sitting on the grass drinking beer and watching the world go by).

Steve East Anglian cobras

Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 05:25:34 pm »

For me, Grillstock- Bristol at the beginning of July, Belfast in August for the weekend and as much sailing as I can squeeze in weather permitting. Smiley
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 05:56:41 pm »

Indianapolis 500 (including 1st day of qualifying), Guns n Roses at Paul Brown Stadium July 6, Indycars at Mid-Ohio weekend July 28-29, SCCA Runoffs, Petit Le Mans, Cincinnati Bengals season tix.
A summer from this side of the pond.
Fax
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 06:36:12 pm »

indy 500, probably the 6 hrs of the nurburgring, spa coming weekend,  and then in september or october a holiday to either mexico, guatamala, honduras and belize or vietnam. Smiley
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 10:39:12 pm »

4 days at Rock Werchter at the end of June, Bruce Springsteen (no LM classic for me then), probably a few smaller festivals in Belgium during the summer and a few oldtimer events with my father (ICCCR in Holland and Schloss Dyck in Germany the biggest ones) Had tickets for ACDC next week but sent them back in ... Axl Rose makes my stomach turn. The Cure concerts in Antwerp & London. Inbetween a few trips to London for a West Ham game (only did 3 this season).

Wanted to do Goodwood, but decided not to, save some budget and be at least 1 weekend home in June.

"Racewise" : ELMS Austria, WEC Nürburgring, ELMS Paul Ricard, WEC Austin, ELMS Spa, ELMS Estoril, WEC Bahrein (depending on budget, Austin might fall off, but I hope not).  Inbetween Austria & Nürburgring visit BMW, Porsche (and Mercedes) museums and try to fit in a visit to Dachau near Munich.

aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 11:18:33 pm »

Bruce Springsteen

I saw him a couple of years ago - what a showman. I think he played for almost 3 hours.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 11:24:34 pm »

Hi Kristof, yeah, I get your point about AR.  He's pretty much a dickhead.  But for us, the opportunity to see Slash, and Duff McKagan back on stage together (and hopefully joined by Izzy Stradlin) was too much too pass up for only sixty bucks.  There's a couple other Riverbend show's we'll probably catch (Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, with Cheap Trick, and Heart looks fun for $20).  Hopefully a Labor Day trip to IRP for the NHRA bad boys is in the cards.
Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 10:17:53 am »

Hi Kristof, yeah, I get your point about AR.  He's pretty much a dickhead.  But for us, the opportunity to see Slash, and Duff McKagan back on stage together (and hopefully joined by Izzy Stradlin) was too much too pass up for only sixty bucks.  There's a couple other Riverbend show's we'll probably catch (Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, with Cheap Trick, and Heart looks fun for $20).  Hopefully a Labor Day trip to IRP for the NHRA bad boys is in the cards.

$60, crikey I remember seeing them down the old Marquee club for a fiver.

Anyhow back on thread, Off to the Metal Hammer Golden awards to see a tribute to Lemmy on the Monday before LM. Then lots of stuff to do in our new house this summer which includes a lot of repointing which I know will grind me down. In September there is the Kop Hill climb in leafy Bucks & will try and visit Lofty bloke in France to goto the Dix Mille Tours du Castellet at the Paul Richard in October.

Team J.E.D.I
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 01:13:22 am »

Well after Le Mans I'm off to the Nurburgring for a week it's only open in the evenings & closed Friday so we are going to do sight seeing and go to Stuttgart for a night.

Once home I've a week booked off in September which I'll be back in France to help mum come home and off to Australia in December for a month over Christmas and new year

aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 01:34:33 am »

Well after Le Mans I'm off to the Nurburgring for a week it's only open in the evenings & closed Friday so we are going to do sight seeing and go to Stuttgart for a night.

To do some 'ring time?  Will you do public time?

Aricus

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: