Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 01:14:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updating the Guide - Campsites  (Read 15036 times)
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 02:07:42 am »

I can have a go at Blue Nord as im probably the only sober one on it  Smiley

Hi Nick,
           Thanks that lets me off the hook  Grin I can consult about tenting and flag pole erections   if you like  Cheesy
Phil
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 07:11:41 am »

Hi Phil, thanks all input welcome, best chairs to sleep in could be a new section Grin
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 07:30:10 am »

I will do some chair testing if you are short of volunteers, I am known across the globe as more than capable of sleeping in a chair...

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 04:11:33 pm »

I'll do Terte Rouge campsite.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 10:47:45 pm »

Updated - we have a few omissions - is anyone on any of the others?

Arnage - Dukla
Beausejour - Bonio
Blue Nord -  NorwayNick
Blue Sud
Dairon
Expo - Pilgrim
Garage Vert - Tink
Houx Annex
Houx - Aricus
Epinettes - JDS
Interior Musee
Karting Nord
Maison Blanche
Mulsanne - slash
Pincenardiere
Tertre Rouge - Rhin0

have I missed anyone who has offered?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2016, 09:49:35 am »

We have omissions - can anyone help?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 11:17:03 am »

Although already covered, I'm in Epinettes this year but am happy to add as required.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 01:55:58 pm »

Hi can do houx annexe

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 11:00:40 pm »

Hi can do houx annexe

Nordic,

Thanks!

Aricus

JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2016, 04:15:42 pm »

think he's getting ahead for the 2017 guide, which isn't a bad idea - update when it's still fresh

Jason,

Yes, that's exactly the idea, capture the knowledge this year and use for next year's guide.

Aricus

In that case, put me down for Epinettes then .....  Grin

As per Werner's post in the guide thread, he sees the guide taking it's last bow in 2016 but things like the campsite info remaining relevant and being maintained in the Wiki. So in that vein, as promised some weeks back, here is my update for the Epinettes (or Epilepsy as it's colloquially become known!) campsite:

Epinettes review (update on the current CA Wiki entry):

Epinettes was introduced as a new site in 2015 to replace some of the space lost by the scaling back of Maison Blanche. The entrance is via a large red steel gate situated south of the entrance to Houx and Houx Annexe on the opposite side of the road (ensure that you do not try to enter the private campsite just before it). There is a large sign on the entrance confirming it is the official Epinettes campsite.

Site overall: Good facilities (toilets/showers) and in line with all official ACO sites these days, well cleaned and stocked with toilet paper etc. Flat ground with a circular gravel roadway around approx 50% of the site. The standard ACO 7x5 marked (but unnumbered in 2015/16) pitches and these are allocated on arrival - the idea appears to be that the staff try and put motorhomes together, then tents etc. The whole thing was a little chaotic on day one, but they soon got the process down to a fine art. Late comers (and BSJ overflow) were put in a wooded and very muddy area to the right of the entrance - you would be quite upset if that was your allocated area - no facilities and what was, effectively, a swamp.

Access: Epinettes is easy to navigate to and from by car - accessed by the same routes as Houx by following the “Vert” camping signs. As a result you have to run the same guantlet of Houx Roundabout area on Mad Friday - keep windows up and doors locked unless you want to get wet. It is also approx. 5-8 mins walk from the Antares tram stop making it ideal for those people wishing to arrive via train/public transport.

Getting around:
It is quite well situated with Terte Rouge being approx. 15 minute walk (past the entrance for Houx & Houx Annexe) and the paddock approx. 15-20 mins walk through Houx and under the Bugatti track tunnel. If you want to get into town for scrutineering or the drivers parade, the tram is 5-8 mins walk away from the entrance. There is a stop outside the entrance for the Line 6 ‘Petit Train’ if your legs aren’t up to the walk. A bike is useful but by no means essential. It’s about a 30-40 min walk to Beausejour/Porsche Curves.

Tickets:
95 € (2016)
For cars and campervans
Marked but unnumbered pitches

Entrance gate:
47.951683, 0.218157

I can't update the wiki, so I leave this here for someone who can to make the changes.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:19:50 pm by JDS » Logged
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 04:23:02 pm »

To add to JDs's write up - thank you

There is power available from adjacent to the toilet block(s) for those with extension leads.
Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2016, 06:33:54 pm »

Nothing to add.  Good summary.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2016, 10:21:00 pm »

This was the 2nd year we were in Epinettes, the wooded area at the entrance was equally as wet last year and also used, so not sure it was just an overflow area.  Traditionally we have been in Expo and I think Expo is marginally nearer the track, it certainly feels less distance without all the steps to cross under the Bugatti circuit. However Epinettes does have a much greater choice of entrances to the circuit.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 06:48:41 pm »

Agreed re Epinette. I would add to "getting around" that there is another small pedestrian circuit entrance between Houx and Houx Annexe that takes you directly through the tunnels under the Bugatti circuit and pops you up at the Dunlop bridge - v.handy. Ticket price quoted is, I think the full rate without ACO membership discount. On access, perhaps worth also making the point that you can get to it via Arnage/BSJ roundabout as well as from Vert signage. To tap into the power at the loo block you need a) to be there early and b) have a long lead!

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2016, 01:17:34 pm »

Garage Vert

Access We arrived on Sunday afternoon and the campsite was already open. Finding the entrance is a bit tricky - as you come in to the circuit from the mulsanne, you will pass the tram stop and the stadium on your right. There is a pedestrian entrance to garage vert straight ahead of you (which only opens to pedestrians on Wednesday) but the main/vehicle entrance to the campsite is hidden away, off to the right. It is a shared entrance with hunaudieres campsite. It is also worth noting that both the pedestrian and vehicle entrances are locked shut from sunday night, so after the race has finished the only way to get off the campsite is to head towards houx.

Proximity The site provides good, quick access to various parts of the track. Getting to the Dunlop bridge is a 5/10 minute walk through the tunnels under the Bugatti Circuit. Similarly, getting to the inside edge of the Dunlop Essess is a 5/10 minute walk, where you can get some great views of the cars emerging from under the Dunlop bridge and snaking down through the esses. You can just about see a screen from here. Tetre Rouge is about 10/15 walk where there is also a screen (although didn't appear to work during practice or qualifying). The outside of the dunlop esses can be reached in 15/20. The pit straight is probably a solid 30 minute walk, but most of this can be done trackside if you join the circuit by the dunlop bridge. One of the best things about Garage Vert though is the proximity to the tram stops - 5 minutes walk from the campsite which is ideal if you want to pop into town for scrutineering, drivers parade, or even if you just want to pop down to the Carrefour without taking the car. Being so close to Tetre Rouge also means you're only a short walk away from the Tetre Rouge bar which offers cold beer and TV screens which were showing the football this year if that's your thing and it's a tournament year. 

Facilities The facilities are generally good. There's a plumbed in toilet block which is kept relatively clean. Unfortunately there is only one throne in the gents, although there was generally always toilet paper! There are more toilets by the pedestrian entrance but these don't open until Wednesday. There are half a dozen showers which were generally clean and the ones I used tended to be scalding hot.

Atmosphere More of a sedate atmosphere than some of the more party-centric campsites like Houx or Bleu Nord. We arrived on Sunday when it was very quiet. There weren't really any other arrivals until Wednesday when it started to fill up. Most people tended to come in cars and pitch tents with gazebos. There was the odd marquee but nothing too grandiose. There were a few motorhomes as well. There was a decent atmosphere but you didn't get people partying into the wee small hours. You can actually get a reasonably decent night's sleep early in the week, although the campsite is flood-lit so from inside your tent it's impossible to tell whether it's night or day.

General Pitches are standard 7x5 but they are unallocated so you can turn up and camp wherever you like (well, we could when we turned up on the Sunday, I think the marshalls tried a bit harder to direct people to certain pitches/areas later in the week, but once the marshalls had gone, those people just moved to wherever they wanted to camp!). The campsite has a half tarmac/half gravel road along the outside edge. It's generally flat but there's a gentle slope towards the fence (which tends to get used as a latrine later in the week by people too lazy to walk the 100m to the toilets). There is only a very thin layer of topsoil so getting tent pegs in can be tricky - we had to use a drill one year to create pilot holes. This year was wet and muddy because the rain water didn't drain away. I'm afraid I have no idea how much the tickets cost as someone else in our group bought the tickets this year!

Aricus - I have some pictures as well which I'd be happy to send over to you/upload to somewhere useful.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: