Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 05:06:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: Bringing drinks to the track?  (Read 15494 times)
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 10:41:49 pm »

Test day didn't have any kind of cashless system, so would be suprised if they'd introduce that in race week.
Didn't hear any news about it, so it won't be for this year I guess.

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 11:49:27 pm »

Apparently not happening, there is some system where you can load your ACO membership card with credit, but cash will again be king this year and I suspect for many years to come.
As with most things rumoured at LM, think about the reaction of the majority of the spectators, the French.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 10:42:53 am »

According to today's TImes the only lager at the football matches will be 0.5 percent Carlsberg, at a price equivalent to £7.39 a pint!!  Shocked Shocked
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 11:53:11 am »

According to today's TImes the only lager at the football matches will be 0.5 percent Carlsberg, at a price equivalent to £7.39 a pint!!  Shocked Shocked

That's quite strong for Carlsberg isn't it?.....

I tested negative for patience.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 04:59:49 pm »

Once it's  :-\been through the body, maybe
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 06:38:12 pm »

Written rules on the entrance to Arnage campsite today, NO ALCOHOL! Our car was loaded to the roof so had no problems, next member of our group to arrive had visual check of all boxes in boot, fortunately only party tent.

Would image enforcement will be sporadic but take care out there
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 09:34:53 pm »

Written rules on the entrance to Arnage campsite today, NO ALCOHOL! Our car was loaded to the roof so had no problems, next member of our group to arrive had visual check of all boxes in boot, fortunately only party tent.

Would image enforcement will be sporadic but take care out there

That will last until Monday afternoon then.
ukcobra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 01:16:27 pm »

Motorhome search for Security reasons, looking for terrorists and guns etc. However, all they did was look inside the MH, they did not look in the toilet/washroom, nor in the locker under the bed.
This was at 3.30am when there were no cars coming in, and at least 5 on the gate !
They were not looking for drinks on Houx.
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 05:05:42 pm »

Got a photo of the reglement at Arnage but can't host photos from here. My interpretation is that it applies to sporting arenas, all alcohol, I.e. trackside. At Arnage the new layout means spectators have to walk through the campsite to get to the banking.

Have been in and out of Arnage several times in car an never opened anything.

Having said all that plenty of self brought alcohol on the banking at Arnage/Indianapolis last night and no chechs visible.

So methinks,like the breathalyzers the law is actively in place and actively not enforced.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2016, 11:52:33 pm »

We got searched going to the track no glass bottles at all. Emptied them to plastic walked another way in the shorter route only for no one to be on the gate we walked to the track no one scanned tickets nothing so could of took bottles

landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 03:06:57 pm »

The security bods over at Antares were looking for any alcohol and I was searched there twice (but had nothing).

Over at the main entrance opposite parking blanc it was a bit more hit & miss.  Got searched twice in one day then not for two days.

Crouch..........bind..........set
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2016, 05:55:22 pm »

I got searched three times, each time I had bottles of wine or spirit but they were not obvious, the third time there were three large boxes of stubby beer and a large number of wine boxes. The chap said this was ok and I told him they were not being drunk there but taken home, either way he was not fussed. Maybe because I do not necessarily look like a lager lout, more of a wine slurper... Grin

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 08:31:22 pm »

At about midnight saturday the JEDI disposal unit sat outside the gate at Tetre Rouge and got pissed. FREE .Thanks for all the donations. Lesson learned.In next years guide for those about skint.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Si H
CA Veteran

It's almost time to go again....

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2016, 02:01:55 pm »

we were searched a couple of times getting into the track. The time the guy felt the hidden bottles, he asked if they were glass, we said no, he obviously knew they were but shrugged and let us through.

One thing we found reduced the searches was to have a half empty bottle in hand as we approached the gate, down it and dispose of the empty and they gave a token search or just waved us through. I know it meant we had to drink a beer on the walk from the campsite to the track, but it was a hardship we were all prepared to endure.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 11:41:56 am »

Depended completly on which gate we used to go to the track. On one gate it was 'drink your cup, but you can bring it in empty', the others couldn't be arsed whether it was full or empty. Chugging a pint is still, managable.  Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: