Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 11:42:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Guide - where to next  (Read 8746 times)
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 03:30:05 pm »

Yes I think we should do it for the love of it.

As a pdf, you can download it to a laptop/tablet/phone before you go, as we don't all have unlimited European 4G data.  Perhaps we could make each chapter as a separate pdf to make it easier to access.

Eurosport don't appear to publish schedules more than two weeks in advance, and are subject to change, so to include these would be tricky.  However as a separate pdf might work well.  We would have to include Quest too.  Many campervans have dishes so can pick up both, although EurosportUK is via Sky subscription only.  I do enjoy watching the warmup etc over breakfast on free Eurosport1Deutschland but some of the coverage is on Eurosport2. 

And next year we'll probably need a section for Visas

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 09:30:34 am »

This is a great idea but IMO should be done for the love of it, and not let it become a chore for people.

You wouldn't need to have masses of detail on everywhere from day 1. I reckon you could just extend it to give an overview of the series and only put detail where people have it to hand

Agree, for the fun and not a chore, which is why if some information is put forward now, we can start sorting the information - Is why I'm willing to do some of the preliminary, see what we may need. It will be easier that way. I don't think we're talking about a guide as big as the LM one, but along the Handy Hints/campsite/where to eat.

Wooosh!!!!
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 11:50:32 am »

So.....

It looks like there are people who feel that there should be a guide.

Am I reading too much into this that the guide should be:

for the first time visitor,
by fans for fans,
not need to duplicate the up-to-date information that is available elsewhere,
be available to print or to hold electronically (PDF)

Any builds/disagreements/updates?

Aricus

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:52:27 am by aricus654 » Logged

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 05:29:01 pm »

Should stay on pdf if it continues IMHO, I print off the spotters guide and download the whole thing onto my phone and tablet.
As a repeat attendee I really have it in case of emergency or I if am doing something I haven't done before ie using the tram for the first time.
Is it worth the effort every year?
That is the big question.
Perhaps a 2 section guide?
One which contains basic info of the event for newbies, giving a first visitor a rough guide to the event, with a warning that some info might be out of date.
Secondly one which contains a spotters guide and event programs etc for that year.
Perhaps the former can be updated on a rolling basis (I'm not an expert, but like Wikipedia?).
Whilst the latter would require a lot less work each year compared with redoing the whole guide.
Just my pennyworth.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 06:57:25 pm »

Just thinking aloud - should it be like the ACO program (which I rarely look at) and be split in two, between the standing information (description of the place, rules etc) and the timetable and list of entries.  The trouble is that the standing info changes a bit every year.  But I do like to print out the entry list and timetable, but usually forget.  It helps keep track of the weekend.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: