Club Arnage
April 30, 2024, 11:22:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 WEC schedule announced  (Read 4317 times)
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: September 22, 2016, 08:35:01 pm »

2017 FIA World Endurance Championship Provisional Calendar**

24/25 March                 The WEC Prologue, Monza                        (Italy)

16 April                        6 Hours of Silverstone                                 (UK)

06 May                         WEC 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps         (Belgium)

17/18 June                   Le Mans 24 Hours                                        (France)

16 July                         6 Hours of Nürburgring                               (Germany)

03 September              6 Hours of Mexico                                        (Mexico)

16 September              6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas               (USA) 

15 October                   6 Hours of Fuji                                              (Japan)

05 November               6 Hours of Shanghai                                     (China)

18 November               6 Hours of Bahrain                                       (Bahrain)

** Subject to approval by the FIA World Motor Sport Council

http://clubarnage.blogspot.be/2016/09/2017-fia-world-endurance-championship.html

Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 04:43:19 pm »

Schedule confirmed by FIA yesterday.

Nice roadtrip for 2017: WEC Nürburgring > Ennstal Classic (Austria) > ELMS Red Bull Ring.

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 09:15:43 am »

Silverstone in April again? I'll no doubt be erecting the tent in a snow storm like I had to this year.

I tested negative for patience.
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 09:51:37 am »

While i liked the Silverstone September race, I do like the April one more. The mix with ELMS makes it unique

Wooosh!!!!
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 02:48:37 pm »

Nurburgring might still switch with ELMS date in Austria.

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 07:23:38 pm »

Just as much chance of being cold/wet in April or the end of September at Silverstone!

While I enjoyed it as the season finale and sometimes championship decider in September, I've also like it as the season opener in April, seeing who has done what to their cars and the first real test of race pace.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 11:23:49 am »

Considering the cost of fuel from the North East, plus tickets and 'camping' to get to Silverstone, it's probably cheaper to get a budget flight out to Monza to get an early season fix. Should be a bit milder than bloody Silverstone. ***off to Skyscanner*** Grin

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 01:58:26 pm »

With the current exchange rate whilst the flight might be budget, hotels, drinks, food and transport in Italy certainly won't be! Undecided

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 06:00:41 pm »

Considering the cost of fuel from the North East, plus tickets and 'camping' to get to Silverstone, it's probably cheaper to get a budget flight out to Monza to get an early season fix. Should be a bit milder than bloody Silverstone. ***off to Skyscanner*** Grin

Have you looked at camping at the Dadford road site?
15GBP a night (per vehicle not persons) and good facilities.  Same distance to wander in as the 'official' sites.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 09:53:17 pm »

Sounds like a plan.

I tested negative for patience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: