Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 10:10:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speeding fines - EU Countries  (Read 4442 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2017, 12:57:48 pm »

The news today seems to be confirming that the "missing link" of EU countries not being able to obtain driver's details from DVLA   is being enabled from 6 May.

While we are all law-abiding citizens  Roll Eyes this will mean that it won't need a physical stop by the gendarmes to be done if you are speeding.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 02:04:14 pm »

https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdown-cover/driving-in-europe/driving-offence-abroad

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 04:57:48 pm »

In the words of James May "Oh Cock" I always forget a speed camera on the way to my folks so best beware  Cool Shocked

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 05:41:49 pm »

In the words of James May "Oh Cock" I always forget a speed camera on the way to my folks so best beware  Cool Shocked

Not a quick learner then Kev?!

In France I've only ever seen one static camera that wasn't well signposted before hand, and then promptly got flashed by it!
During LM it's more the random ones where they hide behind a bridge or in some bushes that are the problem as they'll take your beer money off of you at best, or your car at worst!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 07:17:32 pm »

As Guernsey does not come under the DVLA I think I am ok. In saying that I have been a very good boy over the last few years and tend to keep to the speed limit. Had my days of hooning around at 140 etc.

>Martini...LB
Retired Gent, Hunter Gatherer.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:02:49 am by Martini...LB » Logged

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 08:48:57 pm »

During LM it's more the random ones where they hide behind a bridge or in some bushes that are the problem as they'll take your beer money off of you at best, or your car at worst!

Aye to that - got nabbed once by Les Flics on the autoroute between Rouen and Neufchatel. Blokes in camo gear hiding in the bushes by a bridge with a speed gun - I had forgotten they would be there on the Monday after the race.  Motorbikes caught up and pulled me over at the next junction. Numbers of others sat there waiting to be processed.

Amiably chatted in French to my copper as we waited, while others used the well known Brit technique of talking ever louder to Johnny Foreigner in English. Others were getting spanked with the €750 fine or the highest buggeration of the €1000 + confiscation of car.  My copper walked to the control van (while I thought lots of "oh sh*t" thoughts. He got the ticket and wrote on it while walking back and presented it to me. His amendment had reduced the speed measured to be just inside the lowest category (€90 IIRC) of speeding infringement (when I had clearly been doing rather more).

On looking at him quizzically, he gave me a smile and a gallic shrug, and said "speedometer error". Bless him - €90 was easy to deal with - €750 would have been a tad tricky to hide from CinC Home Command......

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 09:59:14 pm »

Not a quick learner then Kev?!

In France I've only ever seen one static camera that wasn't well signposted before hand, and then promptly got flashed by it!
Only got me once in all the years of me going and that was the trip I was rushing over as my dad was in hospital so mind was elsewhere. TBH I am usually under the speed limit anyway I love cruising over on the continent

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 11:23:25 am »

I think I'm cycling down from St Malo this year along the canals and rivers. If I get a speeding fine I will be stoked! police Evil

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 02:21:42 pm »

I think I'm cycling down from St Malo this year along the canals and rivers. If I get a speeding fine I will be stoked! police Evil

If you are going to try and cycle along rivers and canals you are probably going to drown, so speeding fines will be the last of your worries Roll Eyes

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 04:24:56 pm »

Bonkers, I suppose you could always have one of those little tag-along kiddy carriers for your kit...

>Martini...LB
Hunter Gatherer

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: