Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 03:01:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for the Sebring experts  (Read 18669 times)
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 09:05:27 am »

*fingers crossed my annual conference in St.Pete's is around Sebiring next year*
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 07:20:43 pm »

Hi Werner,
Good call on Turn 10, you won't be disappointed.  The campers out there are gregarious, fun company. By the end of your first day you'll be familiar with all of the legendary campsites, and their occupants along the run down to T-10, including Chuck, the Stumble Inn's rooster.
Matt is a expert at steering newbies from on abroad in the right direction, so you won't go wrong in his hands.
As for Daytona? It's been a few year's since I've been there, but there's a museum, and entertainment complex called Daytona USA adjacent to the Speedway that you may find interesting.
Matt, if IRCC the fine establishment in Daytona you refer to is called Lollipops. One year while taking a break from a evening monsoon that hit Rolex 24, we ended up there.  Matt & I had one of the lovely dancers there convinced I was a Swede that spoke no English, with some amusing results.
Fax
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 11:36:43 am »

Can't go to Sebring without heading off to the Fish on Fire & La Quinta  Grin.

I'm looking into gettting to Düsseldorf and/or parking options down there right now, don't like to leave my car at an airport parking for 10 days.  Flights are down to 333,33 € (with long layovers in ATL).
Plan right now is to fly out on the 8th and return 19th. First stop will be Amelia Island concours d'elegance. Hope to get credentials again like 2 years ago.

As for Daytona: stopped there last year, there's no museum anymore > everything has been shipped to Nascar hall of fame in Charlotte apparently. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:00:05 pm by Kristof » Logged

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2017, 08:07:57 pm »

Hi Kristof,
I wondered if Daytona USA was still there.  I haven't been to DIS since the '08 Daytona 500, and even back then Bill France's baby was definitely showing its age.  They did a massive, multi-million dollar facelift over the past couple of years, and I was curious what what went, and what was added.
Fax
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 12:31:04 pm »

Hi Kristof,
I wondered if Daytona USA was still there.  I haven't been to DIS since the '08 Daytona 500, and even back then Bill France's baby was definitely showing its age.  They did a massive, multi-million dollar facelift over the past couple of years, and I was curious what what went, and what was added.
Fax

They've got the whole new "Daytona Rising" project with new grandstands (except the one on the backstraight which is completely gone now) & hospitality stuff. Everything else basically stayed the same (infield, garage area, ...).
Last time I saw a race down there was the 24h and 500 in '09.  Passed down Daytona several times before or after Sebring, but never went back for a race. 

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2017, 01:37:38 pm »

Matt, if IRCC the fine establishment in Daytona you refer to is called Lollipops. One year while taking a break from a evening monsoon that hit Rolex 24, we ended up there.  Matt & I had one of the lovely dancers there convinced I was a Swede that spoke no English, with some amusing results.

Sounds interesting.  Grin Grin Grin

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2017, 12:45:45 pm »

Booked !
In: Orlando Thursday March 8th 10.30 pm
Out; Monday March 19th 3.20 pm

First Amelia Island (or maybe Indycar in St Petersburg), then Sebring. Probably "camp" in the car unless an opportunity in a camper comes up. Should be able to get credentials again as 2 years ago.

@Werner: we'll probably be on the same flight from Atlanta to Düsseldorf on the 19th.

jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2017, 08:03:03 pm »

For those sure of their plans and not getting Sebring newsletters, tix are on sale, early bird prices until Sept. 8th.... https://www.sebringraceway.com/

https://tickets.sebringraceway.com/online/index.php3?shopid=103&language=9
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:07:22 pm by jimclark » Logged

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2017, 05:53:21 pm »

*fingers crossed my annual conference in St.Pete's is around Sebiring next year*

Conference in St.Pete's confirmed for 12-14 March, so looks like SEBRING 2018 is a "go!" for me!  Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: