Club Arnage
April 16, 2024, 10:25:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Security at LM  (Read 12000 times)
cja

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2017, 10:43:29 am »

Have heard from other sources that the security, both for parking and circuit entry is likely to be savage!

While this is hardly surprising, I'm now expecting delays to both getting in, as well as travelling to/from, as bags and cars are searched, possibly aircraft-style.

If it's the Police, I'd expect it to be thorough & done with their usual warmth and abundant charm..... Roll Eyes

Allow some extra time and stay safe, ppl! 

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 11:44:03 pm »

At Terte Rouge last year they did have the wand scanner things, Never looked in bag just checked you for electrical devices.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 12:18:33 am »

I've always found that just being polite and courteous to anyone doing a security check helps no end.  They don't want to be standing in the sun screening people who are off to have fun.  Make it simple for them and smile.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 10:54:06 am »

after Westminster, Manchester and London, there is bound to be a heightened level of security, the best thing we can do is to be as compliant and helpful as we can and be patient when going through checks, maybe take the minimum we can into the track, double check that our bags don't have anything that could cause concern.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 10:16:36 pm »

I can't see anything to suggest that security in France is tightening even more, yet, and I'm sure that, like every year, the ACO security will overreact for half an hour, just to prove they can.

As above, be friendly and helpful, as they've been through this sh*t too

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 09:43:17 am »

I had a coffee with the head of security a week or so back and he was tight-lipped as to details, but said that security was being enhanced. I went to the circuit Friday and Sunday, had my car and pass scanned, and entered and parked with no problem at all. I carried my camera bags and at no time was I asked toopen them or in any way challenged. There are no airport-style scanners at the pedestrian entries either.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 09:58:27 am »

Bags were being checked at the pedestrian gates yesterday, expect the same next week.

There are a lot more concrete blocks around, especially in the village area.

As others have said,  no reason not to be pleasant and polite to those doing the checking, remember it may be those security guys that run to an attacker and save your life!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 10:11:30 am »

The security bods have a thankless task at the best of times, let alone when the Security posture has to be heightened. I'm just going to allow extra time for necessary checks etc. After all they are doing it to make sure we all have a good time and no one gets hurt. Just be patient with them.

Team J.E.D.I
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 11:33:17 pm »

What's the policy on taking in booze?

Last year seemed to be almost a zero ban but I always thought it was glass that was a no no?

Crouch..........bind..........set
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 08:15:39 am »

Don't worry, you get a - plastic - glass free when you buy a beer at the bar behind the paddock. Sunday I asked for a half after finishing my photography and they didn't understand even though I speak fluent french. I ended up with a pint, and a different kind of french was used when they charged me 10 euros.
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 03:15:38 pm »

Totally off subject, sorry, but can we really expect to be charged 10 Euros per drink now? Ffs!

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 04:20:30 pm »

Wine boxes down yer pants is the best way to go. Remember to take the bag out the box first.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 04:24:40 pm »

Totally off subject, sorry, but can we really expect to be charged 10 Euros per drink now? Ffs!

Even more off subject.
Spanish Grand Prix 14th May, GA on circuit was 100% DRY.
VERY STRANGE. MOST ANNOYED
Heineken 0.0% was €8.00 per pint.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looked like Monaco GP was the same (Judging by the Heineken branding around the circuit).
ffs

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 04:35:07 pm »

Errr no.  Beer is €8,  plus the €1 deposit in the reusable cup.

If you think that is bad, me and the wife were thinking of having a couple of glasses of fizz in the paddock bar on Sunday, but changed our minds when we saw the price was €14 per coupe!  God knows what that works out at per pint!

All will be a fraction cheaper for ACO members in the ACO areas of course, but still it is getting ridiculous.  And tbh it's not just here most onsite event food and beverages have gone stupid prices.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 05:09:36 pm »

same as last year then basically

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: