Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 11:19:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An open letter to the miserable bugger opposite.  (Read 9858 times)
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:23:17 pm »

Obviously you read this site....  In fact I suspect you bought your ticket from one of our longer term members.

So here's the deal.  Camping at Le Mans is a big party - all the way through to Sunday.  For some of us, it's a rare occurance for us to be able to get together with mates old and new and let our hair fully down, in a safe (ish) environment, with like minded people.

You were warned that the ticket you had bought, was situated next to some of the most hardcore parties on the site.  You bought the tickets on that basis.  So to waltz into our camp at midnight on Sunday, just as we had our final hurrah, and demand that the music be turned off, exclaiming that you were "a member of club arnage in the 90's" and that this "bunch of XXXXs didn't have a clue what it was all about" was fairly mind blowing.  

So I'd like to point a few things out.

I wasn't around at Le Mans in the late 90's.  unfortunately it was considered too loud, too raucous, and too dangerous for me to attend.  This is not a period which was known for good behaviour.  So your moaning about the music is a mere drop in the ocean.

Second.  We ALL Had a long drive and an early start in the morning.  Having spent the weekend drinking and partying, we were all, to a man, up by 7am, packed of our huge range of kit by 8:30, and on the road, whilst you were still in your pit....whilst some kind of bird or something was squealing in your tent to wake you up 😳

Thirdly.  You're at a party.  Join in,  bring earplugs/defenders (which is how I slept all weekend) and embrace the fun of others.

You only live once, and you can sleep when you're dead.  So next time you need a camping ticket, are told that you're in for a party if you camp there - decide whether you have the capabilty to actually have fun when purchasing it - because frankly, right now, Le Mans isn't really your kind of place.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:19:22 pm by Brad Zarse » Logged

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:43:28 pm »

hmmm i thougt it was rather quite over there this year  Smiley maye im going deaf
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:25:13 pm »

Some miserable bugger should have been with us a couple of years ago, maybe...

I enjoyed the wide ranging playlist all weekend myself

And I really am an OLD sod

Its a pleasure to camp alongside you fellows, I hope to last long enough for many many more campfire chats over a cold beer or cidre

Good to see you guys

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 04:26:53 pm »

I've been going to Le Mans since 1980 It's always been a place were people party.  It's no different in Spa, Sebring, Silverstone, Brands or any other place you care to mention.  Some years it louder than others.  Some times it's busier than others.  As Nick says this year was in general pretty quite I thought.   You buy your ticket and take your change.  You might be miles from the noise or you might be next door.  

The "Advance party" for the Danes camping next to Canada Phil and I came over to say Hi and to establish where the territorial boundaries where.  Then he asked if it was OK if they put this here and  that there.   Our response sure that's fine they're your places you can do what you want with them.  

They gave us Beer we gave them Beer.  I told them their Bacon is sh*t.  We had a great time.

t

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 04:42:30 pm »

Name and shame!!!
 Shocked
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 04:55:51 pm »

Sadly, we're not sure of his name. But the manner in which he marched across and demanded we turned the music off (bear in mind it was within the boundaries of what would be acceptable residentially at home!) was utterly outside the unwritten "thing" and we all know as the spirit of Le Mans.

As others have said - you buy your ticket, you take your choice.  I've had years where I've had a place to escape in the quiet, and other years I've been camped next to a huge speaker system with Dutch techno playing until 6am every morning.  I've had a great time in both situations!

Frankly, the area which has been aptly named Camp C'arnage, is well known to be more lively.  It's why we come back every year, to the same spot. And before the ticket was sold, the guy was clearly warned that the area is energetic.  So to come into our camp with the (Z?)arse and then start suggesting that we don't know what Le Mans is about, really only served to make him look like a bit of a div.  if you don't know that Le Mans is a 24 hour race with 5 days of partying hard surrounding it, then I'm afraid it's you who doesn't know what LM is all about!

Until next year, when we'll be bringing a system capable of three times  the output....

Zarse out!

See you at a gig soon?
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 07:32:05 pm »

Wait until The Brethren return full force next year, then you'll know what loud is all about mister man.  Evil

The Brethren Rock
Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 08:18:50 pm »

Wait until The Brethren return full force next year, then you'll know what loud is all about mister man.  Evil

He He  Cool
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 11:35:58 pm »

Can't wait

Bring it on...

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 11:56:31 pm »

Brad,

Maybe this bloke just got it wrong.  (I am told (by my wife) that this happens to me. Sometimes.  I think I can even remember the red mist falling over my eyes.)

On the other side, midnight?Huh  Did he go to Le Mans and forget to bring earplugs?  Perhaps he has sensitive hearing, or didn't like your choice of music - was it the usual Baroque or Byzantine choral again?  Did he try to report you to the campsite manager, that always works for me at Le Mans.

I do know people that would/could/do behave like that, in fact I think I've worked with them.....

I think that he would want to apologies but just didn't want to own up publicly.

Ian

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 02:43:57 pm »

Chaps,

Just to clarify matters.

As you know I sold this guy the two pitches but I don't know if he's a CA member.  I sold the pitches via the Beermountain forum.

He was warned about the location in a PM that I sent to him.  I quote - "Just to make you aware that the north end of Bleu Nord is quite noisy as there is a large group of us Brits. Friday night's party can be lengthy but most of the neighbours are invited."

His response to that statement - "Excellent ! I'm a 21 year veteran and have experienced one or two parties, so no worries."

I think that I was honest with the guy and that if he then felt that his enjoyment was diminished by events then he only has himself to blame.

At no point did he say anything to me (why should he?) other than hello on Wednesday afternoon.  The rest of my guys thought he was a bit of a grumpy bugger too.

Apologies for using Beermountain  Embarrassed

Paul aka Landman

Crouch..........bind..........set
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 03:07:52 pm »

21 years thats a newbee Grin
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 03:15:23 pm »

Chaps,

Just to clarify matters.

As you know I sold this guy the two pitches but I don't know if he's a CA member.  I sold the pitches via the Beermountain forum.

He was warned about the location in a PM that I sent to him.  I quote - "Just to make you aware that the north end of Bleu Nord is quite noisy as there is a large group of us Brits. Friday night's party can be lengthy but most of the neighbours are invited."

His response to that statement - "Excellent ! I'm a 21 year veteran and have experienced one or two parties, so no worries."

I think that I was honest with the guy and that if he then felt that his enjoyment was diminished by events then he only has himself to blame.

At no point did he say anything to me (why should he?) other than hello on Wednesday afternoon.  The rest of my guys thought he was a bit of a grumpy bugger too.

Paul aka Landman

Just for the avoidance of any doubt at all....I absolutely purposely kept your name out of this, as your sale to him had absolutely nothing to do with his attitude.  There was no suggestion that this guys problem was anything other than his own fault.

However, we will be publicly tarring and feathering you, at dawn on Friday.......just for fun Smiley

See you at a gig soon?
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 03:17:36 pm »

Chaps,

Just to clarify matters.

Paul aka Landman

Just for the avoidance of any doubt at all....I absolutely purposely kept your name out of this, as your sale to him had absolutely nothing to do with his attitude.  There was no suggestion that this guys problem was anything other than his own fault.

However, we will be publicly tarring and feathering you, at dawn on Friday.......just for fun Smiley

Any chance of more tar & less feather?  Grin

Crouch..........bind..........set
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 04:49:53 pm »

Bloody hell, Midnight!
The guys next to me on Houx started their Wednesday night party at 2.00 am Thursday.
I just put the earplugs in and drifted off.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: