Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 06:50:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans 2018 Preparation.  (Read 12134 times)
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« on: June 20, 2017, 06:07:23 pm »

Interest declared with Travel Destinations, which is all you can do at this stage. Tertre Rouge again but going out earlier than usual to have time to see more of France.
Having a meeting (in the local) with a keen to break his duck LM virgin after work on Sunday so me and she may bring company. 😊

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 07:48:46 pm »

After a race like that and such glorious weather, how could I not go back.

Whether Tristan is invited back after his "no show' is another matter.

Ian

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 12:47:53 am »

Feck me, i have only just got home. lol

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 01:13:12 am »

Feck me, i have only just got home. lol

It's worse for me. I've already booked my room for my first night in Le Mans.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 09:09:56 am »

Brian,

What dates have you booked and where are you staying?

Ian

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 12:54:59 pm »

I see we have dates to aim at for 2018, 16/17 Jun is race weekend. Looking forward to it already.
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 03:31:02 pm »

I see we have dates to aim at for 2018, 16/17 Jun is race weekend. Looking forward to it already.

Provisional dates, I understood, since the FIA haven't finalised their full 2018 calendar?
Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 08:23:03 pm »

Looking at the way Carey and Toady Todt got together at Le Mans I think we can take it as read that 16/17 Jun is the weekend since the whole idea is to prevent date clashes from now on and the F1 calendar has been confirmed as set (apart from Singapore and China which are the only 2 declared provisional dates).

I heard somewhere (not seen the source though) that the Le Mans date was official (I stand by to be corrected) and have booked leave accordingly.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 09:53:51 pm »

Well how many days is it until we go back? I cant wait

Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 11:42:29 am »

16/17 June is the official date. Has been confirmed by FIA World motor sport council earlier this week:

FIA World Endurance Championship

The date for the 2018 Le Mans 24 Hours was approved for 16-17 June. The full calendar of the FIA World Endurance Championship will be presented to the World Motor Sport Council at a later date.

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 09:17:21 pm »

Accommodation already booked and confirmed on the day of departure. Just waiting for the usual online scrum/lottery for tickets when the ACO open up online sales around late October, early November time....

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 02:40:41 pm »

16/17 June is the official date. Has been confirmed by FIA World motor sport council earlier this week:

FIA World Endurance Championship

The date for the 2018 Le Mans 24 Hours was approved for 16-17 June. The full calendar of the FIA World Endurance Championship will be presented to the World Motor Sport Council at a later date.

In my calendar! Smiley
cja

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 03:33:54 pm »

Accommodation booked for the next 2 years

Just need to sort out travel & the scrum of getting tickets, on that (really odd) ACO website

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 09:40:47 pm »

Taking a break from the 24 next year. Not expecting a great race with just one factory team. However, I've just booked the ferry for the Classic after a break of six years. Will be the first time in ages I won't be heading down in the camper. It's probably going to be more nightmare than adventure, but I'm going to do the 1200 mile round trip in my '85 Group B Talbot Samba rally car. Complete with shitty little tent. Cheesy

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 09:40:02 am »

Taking a break from the 24 next year. Not expecting a great race with just one factory team. However, I've just booked the ferry for the Classic after a break of six years. Will be the first time in ages I won't be heading down in the camper. It's probably going to be more nightmare than adventure, but I'm going to do the 1200 mile round trip in my '85 Group B Talbot Samba rally car. Complete with shitty little tent. Cheesy

Ferry already booked.
Race tickets will be booked next week.

On the contrary, I think it stands to be a great race potentially on the face of it.
Looking at what happened to Toyota this year and having (nearly) an LMP2 Car possibly on the top step of the podium!?!
Having the chance of an non LMP1 car OR non works team winning is really exciting for the next race.

If the likes of ByKolles, Manor, arguably Pinnacle, SMP, (Rebellion and JCDC?) having the chance to run privateer LMP1's could see a really different and exciting front of the grid.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:26:10 am by clkgtrlm1 » Logged

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: