Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 01:10:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Questions for the Le Man Classic 2018  (Read 3683 times)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2018, 05:27:57 pm »

So as Jenson Button has announced he is going to be in a jag at the classic the Mrs has asked if we can go to that as well as the 24hrs.

Now I have never been to the classic. I believe the format is that its grouped and is in decade segments.

With regards to the "races" is it a 24hr thing on the 24hr lay out or does it finish at say 8pm till the next day? Is it best to get entrance tickets at the gate? I am looking to just buy a parking pass and commute from the house back and to so I would buy that in advance online somewhere. Also is it Friday, Saturday and Sunday? Also where is best to sit as can you just rock up with your chair like the 24hrs and sit down where you like?

I will potentially head to France on the Thursday and home the Monday to save holiday. Anyone else going?

Not 100% but don't see why I wouldn't go

thanks

K
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:51:04 pm by Kev_mk3 » Logged

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 11:10:16 am »

Eyup Kev. It's been a few years since I last visited so there might be changes. Usual format is six grids all running 45 minute races that rotate over the 24hr period. Therefore each age group gets to run saturday, Sunday and overnight. There is another grid of group C cars now since my last visit. The full circuit is used and the same viewing areas are open. It's a great weekend if you are really into old cars, the non track stuff being as big as the 'racing' itself. On track driving standards are a bit hit and miss however.

There is a chance we will be there. I have tickets, paddock passes, camping on Epinettes and a ferry booked, but the Cobra is still some way off being finished, and time is slipping away fast, so it might be 2020 Classic for us.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:17:14 am »

We went to the first four or five, but tbh, it got a bit samey, the trouble with classic racing is that it's pretty much the same cars every time, not much evolution of course! The addition of Group C probably makes it  more appealing to the modern LM go'er though.

Plus, for the older stuff it's more like 45 minute demonstration runs than actual racing, and with a big gap between each race it can get a bit boring especially if you are out at somewhere like Arnage or Mulsanne. 

Now, if you are going to see a lot of classic (and special modern) cars parked up then it's a veritable feast!

BTW, I don't think Jenson Button has announced anything about going to the Classic, someone else did it for him, and I believe DailySportscar.com have removed the story from their website.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 08:28:11 pm »

Do repairs for Moto Historics  and there running four Jags this year. Shall have have to enquire if there running him.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 11:53:02 am »

Goodwood have just announced that Button will be driving at the Revival this year.
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 04:00:36 pm »

Yes _Cnfrd JB will be running the Classic

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 05:37:32 pm »

Yes _Cnfrd JB will be running the Classic
Really? God best not tell the mrs I have booked a trip elsewhere now and she will kill me  Undecided

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 05:38:57 pm »

Yeah shes angry at me  Shocked

Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 01:55:09 am »

Ops normal then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print