Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 09:51:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rest In Peace - Pidge ( Norm Golebiewski )  (Read 2503 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2018, 03:50:26 pm »

I received the sad news yesterday evening that Club Arnage member Pidge (Norm Golebiewski ) from Miami passed away on Friday evening.
He was 84 years old and had been in ill health for a few years now. Pidge travelled to Le Mans once and some of you may have met him there. Many of you will know him from Sebring as he regularly hosted Club Arnage members in his camp site at Sebring. Pidge was also a Sebring Fan Of The Year in 2006, an honour that meant a great deal to him.

I last saw Pidge at Sebring 2 years ago when we managed to get him there for 24 hours so that he could experience a lap of the track pacing the field for a support race. He loved every minute of it. I suspected then that it may be the last time I got to see him and sadly I was right.

I and many others will miss Pidge and his character greatly. Thank you to him for making Sebring so easy for the travelling CA members and his hospitality and breakfasts at Sebring are legendary.

My thoughts and condolences go out to David, Teressa, Katie Ramirez, Lucy Golebiewski, Mary Watson and his entire family.

Rest In Peace Pidge.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 04:19:15 pm »

Thanks for letting us know Chris, and I second everything you say.

Pidge hosted me many times at Sebring, and was still renting a van to take our camping stuff from his store to the track every year until about 4 or 5 years ago. His hospitality was second to none.

My condolences to his family. RIP Pidge.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 07:12:42 pm »

Never met Pidge in person, but had several conversations with him on the old CA site.
Those who had met him, and have spoken so kindly about him today, have confirmed my impression that he was a great guy.
RIP, another super fan watching future races from above!  
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 07:05:14 pm »

As posted on the FB page:
 Such a shame, have very fond memories of staying at his site on three occasions. Great wit and charm to go with it, I am sure he will be sadly missed but a lot of people. It really was a pleasure to know him. RIP Pidge

I would like to add after thinking about my visits how kind I remember him being, nothing was too much trouble. I also remember him being very kind to the family that lived in the rented lorry for the weekend, the husband used to get pixxed and watched basketball all the time on their tv. A lot of humour, a lot of breakfast and a lot of fun, again RIP Pidge.

Thanks for letting us know Chris.

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: