Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 01:49:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alonso confirmed for Toyota Gazoo WEC 2018/19  (Read 4649 times)
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2018, 03:23:07 pm »

Interesting news: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/fernando-alonso-le-mans-24-hours-2018-2019-race-joins-toyota-mclaren-f1-driver-latest-news-anthony-a8185151.html ,  although Anthony Davidson relegated to reserve driver in the line up Sad

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 06:44:24 pm »

Good to see Fred in the WEC.  He seemed to really enjoy his Daytona 24 Hours experience.
Fax
Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 06:57:52 pm »

Hell of a season for him....

March 25 Australian Grand Prix
April 8 Bahrain Grand Prix
April 15 Chinese Grand Prix
April 29 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
May 5 WEC Spa
May 13 Spanish Grand Prix
May 27 Monaco Grand Prix
June 10 Canadian Grand Prix
June 16-17 Le Mans 24 Hours
June 24 French Grand Prix
July 1 Austrian Grand Prix
July 8 British Grand Prix
July 22 German Grand Prix
July 29 Hungarian Grand Prix
August 19 WEC Silverstone
August 26 Belgian Grand Prix
September 2 Italian Grand Prix
September 16 Singapore Grand Prix
September 30 Russian Grand Prix
October 7 Japanese Grand Prix
October 21 United States Grand Prix
October 28 Mexican Grand Prix
November 11 Brazilian Grand Prix
November 18 WEC Shanghai
November 25 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

I can imagine in June he will not be getting much sleep.

Team J.E.D.I
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 10:50:47 pm »

Do feel he is pot hunting.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 08:14:41 am »

This, plus its bloody annoying because it has effectively bumped Davidson out of the picture.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 10:06:59 am »

If his intent is to match Graham Hill with F1 Champ, LM and Indy 500 it's difficult to see him ever having a better chance of a LM win than this year, provided Toyota have remembered it's a 24 Hr race and you have to finish to win it?
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 03:20:34 pm »

I was a bit surprised they kicked Davidson out instead of Lopez.  Davidson won 5 races last season, Lopez lost 2 (and the manufacturers title with that).

Alonso will miss the prologue, Le Mans testday and Fuji.  I thought that the LM testday was mandatory for "rookies", following their obligated test in the simulator.   
Some sources in F1 claim that Fuji might get another change of date to avoid the clash with F1 at COTA, but that doesn't seem likely as they already changed to avoid a clash with Petit LM. 

Good to see Alonso chasing for the triple crown, and the extra media exposure the WEC will get after losing out Webber and Porsche.  Lando Norris has also been talking about it recently as something he would like to achieve in his career.  Montoya is also still playing with the idea of racing at LM, he's already got Monaco and Indy in the bag. The more they talk about, the more exposure WEC and Le Mans will get !

clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 03:48:09 pm »

I was a bit surprised they kicked Davidson out instead of Lopez.  Davidson won 5 races last season, Lopez lost 2 (and the manufacturers title with that).

Alonso will miss the prologue, Le Mans testday and Fuji.  I thought that the LM testday was mandatory for "rookies", following their obligated test in the simulator.   
Some sources in F1 claim that Fuji might get another change of date to avoid the clash with F1 at COTA, but that doesn't seem likely as they already changed to avoid a clash with Petit LM. 

Good to see Alonso chasing for the triple crown, and the extra media exposure the WEC will get after losing out Webber and Porsche.  Lando Norris has also been talking about it recently as something he would like to achieve in his career.  Montoya is also still playing with the idea of racing at LM, he's already got Monaco and Indy in the bag. The more they talk about, the more exposure WEC and Le Mans will get !

I've got LM test day down as 3rd June. And, YES he would need to post a time as a rookie as far as I am aware. Unless F1 Superlicense is excluded!?

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 06:27:05 pm »

I've got LM test day down as 3rd June. And, YES he would need to post a time as a rookie as far as I am aware. Unless F1 Superlicense is excluded!?

You’re correct, I switched the scrutineering dates with the testweekend.

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 07:21:57 pm »

Agreed Barry, and it's probably his best chance with Toyota this year for the ultimate enduro prize (assuming none of the reliability issues of previous years...)  There is a part of me though that thinks he is an out and out racer and just wants to have a good go at it. Whatever, the exposure for the WEC will be welcome and it will be interesting to see how he does. Bummer for Davidson though Undecided
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:42:09 pm by pretzel » Logged

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: