Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 01:11:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: choice of grandstand  (Read 2971 times)
mister psycho

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2018, 06:04:29 pm »

Hi, we're heading for Le Classic and have choice of Sommer (16)  or Leonard (20) grandstand seats , these are two either side of the aco stand (18) any recommendations would be appreciated, i'm thinking the Sommer stand is of the more recent "semi permanent" type but would offer a better overall view of pit lane ?  thanks Tony
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 07:02:06 pm »

Sommer is about opposite the last 4 garages on the pit lane, good view of the pit exit and depending where they put it a screen.
There is one grandstand between ACO and Leonard so opposite they first section of garages, probably a big screen within sight, but I haven't been to the Classic for a few years so don't know where all the big screens are.
mister psycho

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 10:20:40 am »

Thanks Barry, I think Sommer will be the best all rounder. gonna be on foot most of the time but want a bit of cover if weather wet
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 01:35:58 pm »

One other note if you want to guarantee staying dry - none of the grandstands are closed at the ends, so if it does rain and depending on which way the breeze is blowing you can still get pretty wet (I speak from direct experience!) so try to obtain seats about a third of the way up, and well in from the ends  Wink

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 11:14:58 pm »

Would agree with that was in the front row of one of the covered grandstands and got soaked when it rained, also at the southern end of one of them when it rained, got soaked!
mister psycho

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 07:53:58 pm »

I got the somner tickets, it would appear its first come first served as no seat numbers on tickets
as for wet weather we got soaked on the terraces a couple of years back at the june event when the wind drove the rain off top front corner of grandstand behind us, people 10 places front, rear, left , right  were bone dry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: