Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 09:00:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going down in a Porsche?  (Read 36392 times)
Paulathedrooler
CA Veteran

R.I.P to the Llamma, hello to the Mauri.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2004, 02:50:30 am »

Guys, dont think I should be posting under going down in a porsche, but i need to say never mind Felix, what happened to all the visits you guys promised us last year.
Apart from a few that we did meet we missed a lot of you. So this year shampoo bar on the Saturday or else.
Paulaxxxxxxxx
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2004, 03:01:23 pm »

This year, ah will be mostly driving the growling beast  Grin

Returning on the Pride of Le Havre on the Monday night, Nick (andynick) and I were parked alongside this in the hold. A wonderful noise when she started up to drive out.

Bill   Cool

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/midgetspriteclub/birmingham/images/lemans2003/lemans2003157big.jpg

(am I trying too hard to put pictures in here?)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 03:02:58 pm by Perdu » Logged

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2004, 03:35:34 pm »

This is one of the things I miss about not going via Pompey anymore. Just don't get the quantity and rarely the quality via Dover!!

Whilst queueing to get through passport control one year on the Tuesday morning after the Monday overnighter, in fact it was 1992 I've just remembered, we were sat next to Mr. Needell (who had been driving the ADA 962 with Dinger) and him and his missus/girlfriend/partner were having a right barney! Superb entertainment!!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2004, 03:50:45 pm »

This is one of the things I miss about not going via Pompey anymore. Just don't get the quantity and rarely the quality via Dover!!

If you're booked on the P&O 10:00 Wednesday 9th June Dover - Calais ferry, you may catch a glimpse - or hear 10 V8 engine's 'performing' when we pull onto the ferry  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2004, 04:02:27 pm »

If you're booked on the P&O 10:00 Wednesday 9th June Dover - Calais ferry, you may catch a glimpse - or hear 10 V8 engine's 'performing' when we pull onto the ferry  Grin

Hellfire....that could be worth a special trip just ot listen to  Cheesy

Smarmy g*t aren't I Roll Eyes

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2004, 01:13:46 am »

Whilst queueing to get through passport control one year on the Tuesday morning after the Monday overnighter, in fact it was 1992 I've just remembered, we were sat next to Mr. Needell (who had been driving the ADA 962 with Dinger) and him and his missus/girlfriend/partner were having a right barney! Superb entertainment!!

Otherwise known as having a Tiff!!??   Cheesy (sorry, couldn't resist it!!)
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2004, 09:35:44 am »

a cad? like the car?  Huh  Huh  Huh

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2004, 10:02:46 am »

Mr Needell went to the same school as I did (Ottershaw), we only overlapped a year though, he's a bit older than me poor chap (sorry Tiff). Shocked)

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2004, 10:28:56 am »

Mr Needell went to the same school as I did (Ottershaw),

Would that be the one not too far from Weybridge?

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2004, 02:18:09 pm »

If you're booked on the P&O 10:00 Wednesday 9th June Dover - Calais ferry

Steve - I shall look forward to meeting you there  Grin and hearing the veritable cacophony of noise - I'm booked on the same ferry.   However, you may have to excuse me from competing against 10xV8s with just the might of an MGA's 1622cc four-pot.......  Grin Grin Grin

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2004, 02:29:54 pm »

Steve - I shall look forward to meeting you there  Grin and hearing the veritable cacophony of noise - I'm booked on the same ferry.   However, you may have to excuse me from competing against 10xV8s with just the might of an MGA's 1622cc four-pot.......  Grin Grin Grin

Excellent, are you driving down to LM in one stint?
Our encampment will be in Houx Annexe from Wednesday early evening.  

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2004, 04:03:22 pm »

Our encampment will be in Houx Annexe from Wednesday early evening.  

What is the form about camping at Houx Annexe? Our group have booked spaces for five Spridgets and a Volvo Amazon. Are they kept reserved or do you have to get there early and fight off allcomers and the fearsome "pikeys"?
We will be there on Friday early afternoon I expect. Last time I just chucked up a tent on the grass at Antares before the race on the Saturday, only "lost" one tent peg while away watching the noisy motorcars until the early hours.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2004, 04:27:21 pm »

What is the form about camping at Houx Annexe? Our group have booked spaces for five Spridgets and a Volvo Amazon. Are they kept reserved or do you have to get there early and fight off allcomers and the fearsome "pikeys"?

Houx Annexe is basically a huge 'L' shaped field with a lake on the side.
There were originally marked pitches but the markings have eroded with time.

Most large groups (those arrving early) tend to take posts and fencing tape to 'rope off' their area otherwise you may return back to your pitch to find a stranger sleeping next to your car.
The ACO have previously patrolled sites attempting to get people to pitch closer together so that they could get more in - I witnessed this at our pitch in Karting Nord a few years ago.

Basically, the earlier you can get there, the better choice of good pitch, especially if there are a number of you.  Having said that, regulars in Houx Annexe seem to grab the same pitch each year.

However, 2003 was fairly quiet in the Annexe and there was a fair bit of space on the far side towards Tetre Rouge.

If you know of any early arrivers, see if you can get them to hold a pitch for you.
There will be 20 of us (probably 10 tents and a 'marquee' plus 10 cars) over on the southern side of the site near to the road and concrete wall to Houx site so you could slum it near to us if you fancy it.

ps. the pikeys seem to keep a low profile until Monday

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2004, 07:15:36 pm »

Hi Steve, that must be the area that a couple of ACO stewards let Nick and I into on the Saturday to see if we could find a spot for the Midget and the tent. Every thing was taped and fenced off up in that corner near the roadway, track by Houx so we came out and stopped on Antares. They didn't seem very fussed about us going in there, but obviously there wasn't any room by then. Would you mind watching over a space for us, we do have them booked after all.
Next daft question, sorry! Do you park cars between, or in front of the tents? How do you keep the places, just with the fences? When you jet off to other bits of the circuit... Smiley

Sorry if I'm being a pain, but if it was just Nick and I alone I wouldn't be as concerned. Just having others tagging along on the strength of just how much we liked last year is a bit of a liability. Roll Eyes

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2004, 08:48:53 pm »

Our encampment will be in Houx Annexe from Wednesday early evening

We'll be heading down in one stint, allowing for suitable refreshment stops for the "A" + drivers, aiming to get to Le Mans and the joys of Karting Nord on Wednesday evening.   Probably do the scenic route rather than just rushing down the autoroute.   Did it one year and seem to remember that heading south for a bit out of Calais then spearing off south-west through the likes of Mantes and Dreux was a pleasant trip.  

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: