Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 08:05:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roll call - September at Camp Carnage on BN  (Read 10721 times)
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 11:56:32 am »

The Five of us a going to do our damndest to get to the race in September. The restrictions will be a challenge,  but we feel we're up for it.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 09:43:25 pm »

Not going this year. I like to see the whole circuit and especially the pits at night. Good luck to those who are going.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 10:12:52 pm »

Also intending to be there in Sep and have camping tickets for Epinettes. Very much reduced numbers in our crowd, no MG Mark and his lot and a fair few drop outs from my side of the fire lane as well. Think we'll be about 9 in total rather than the 40 or more in previous years. It'll certainly be different and I don't think it'll be as good, but I've been enough times that I don't think a different year will be a particular problem and I won't know if I don't go.  

There will only be a few of us there this year, that seems ironic on the 80th anniversary year of the Battle of Britain.  Now there's an idea for a T Shirt  Roll Eyes.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 11:34:16 am by elanman » Logged
Kiters

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2020, 12:56:45 pm »

Not for me this year hard times at the mo on the contracting front anyways for all those going have a good un
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2020, 06:30:33 pm »

So now that those who already have booked and paid their campsite tickets can go - who will be there in September?

Team LeMansZone will be at BN with about 10 people!

Well, make that 4 people only. Most of us, including me, have pulled the plug when it became clear that access to the track will be restricted to one section only.

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2020, 06:15:48 pm »

Well Sam & me have made the painful decision - not to go this year   Sad  - only my 3rd miss after 21+years  

with all the restrictions and limitations on where you can potentially go and which area's are open - we don't blame ACO and can understand their problems.  On top of it all, the boss is very high risk.

So busy changing ferry crossing for next year - as 2021 ferry bookings our open and I see ACO have already done the dates for next year - 12-13th June 2021

So...... Stay safe all - and all that go to this year’s Le Mans - have a great and safe time - we will raise a glass or 12 to everyone on that weekend

Also gives me time to make some money, which I have not earned this year
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 06:43:44 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2020, 09:32:25 pm »

Another sad loss (I may have been the first) but better safe than sorry at our age and with our conditions.  I have been under the wife's doctors orders for 18 months now, but managed to slip away last June. This would have been my 35th straight year.  At least I'm on a pension, so the money is sorted

We're leaving ample space, and our best wishes to those in the villages that are going, but we need a support group

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2020, 09:25:39 am »

We'll be going, it's always part holiday part LM for us anyway. It will be an interesting experience, both for us that go and those that don't.  I'm sure there will some sort of group get together in the UK, either in person or virtually.

We are waiting with interest on our email from the ACO in August as we have ACO grandstand seats, Mulsanne Camping (which we use for a group bbq during the week, only actually using it for camping on the Saturday night, hotel otherwise) and Parking Blanc. So probably one of the worst combinations possible  Roll Eyes  We are expecting to be in the Blue village that covers the ACO Grandstand, but of course that precludes use of Mulsanne and probably Blanc as it looks like parking and camping will be specific to the village you are allocated to.  We shall find out in August!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2020, 02:11:51 pm »

I've also moved my tickets to 2021. The plan was for me to do some trips and we (me and wife) where to do Le Mans as normal before baby arrives end of July / Start August.

With everything delayed etc we moved the tickets to next year to concentrate on the baby and house move. I may camp in the garden yet and watch the race in the tent to feel like I am there lol

See you all in 2021!

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2020, 12:38:35 am »

Decision has been made today, in light of the ACO announcement today. We cannot live with the restrictions. Me, Leigh and the rump gang have called it a day. The end of a 32 year unbroken attendance and that's sad but I'll live with it. For those who are going, have a wonderful time.

Hope you are going to be there next year,

BN could be like this in Sept  

You better believe it and with knobs on!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2020, 01:27:31 pm »

Nurburgring 24 Hours will be behind closed doors (the week after LM).
I'm afraid it will be a matter of time before the ACO will announce the same for Le Mans.

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2020, 05:21:12 pm »

After receiving the latest information that we won't actually know where we're going to be allocated camping (quite possibly not on Bleu Nord) and also perhaps not near our 14 inches of track, we have also reluctantly decided through in the towel for 2020.
Good news is that we may well keep this years ferry bookings and convert the trip to a beaches/driving tour in Northern France.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2020, 06:51:22 pm »

The nurburgring race is not in France,the same logic as Germany does not necessarily apply.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2020, 07:34:11 pm »

I am off to Portugal for Oct/Nov and was happy to see there is a ELMS (or whatever the series is called) just along the road at Portimao while I'm there. And they've now gone and announced a grand prix there the previous weekend!! I hope they aren't behind closed doors. The ELMS race is only about €10 for the weekend!!

EDIT: The official Portimao web site just has an ad at the moment so you can't reach anything but the ELMS site says it'd behind closed doors :-( Which probably means the F1q will be too.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 07:39:30 pm by smokie » Logged
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2020, 07:41:09 pm »

We were in Aix en Provence last weekend and saw united auto sports on their way home.the dix mille raceweekend is now.fingers crossed people will keep physical distance and events can carry on.at the pont du Gard masks were worn and oneway systems in place.staying away from racetracks won’t stop you getting covid.enjoy and be careful.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: