Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 09:16:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joest back  (Read 2347 times)
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2021, 09:46:23 pm »

Glickenhaws to use joest to run 2 car team at Le Mans and sauber to assist with aerodynamics.this could be a very good team.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 01:28:37 am »

My friend has just left the Toyota WEC team and is in talks with Glickenhaws & sauber regards this

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 09:28:00 am »

Glickenhaus have already said they will miss the first WEC round at Sebring (if it happens anyway), I don't think they have built the first car yet, let alone a second one!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 07:13:57 pm »

Glickenhaus have already said they will miss the first WEC round at Sebring (if it happens anyway), I don't think they have built the first car yet, let alone a second one!

First car is being built now, testing scheduled for February/March after homologation.

Don't see Sebring happening to be honest.
There should be a "back-up" plan for the WEC test and first race in Europe around the same dates as Sebring, although in the current conditions with new lockdowns in the UK and an extended lockdown in Germany even that could well be in jeopardy.

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 02:05:12 pm »

There is already a backup plan for a race to be held in Europe, probably April time, if Sebring doesn't happen.

My worry with Glickenhaus is that they have had plenty of time to get at least one car built and tested, let's not forget the HyperCar regs were due to start at Silverstone last September!

I just hope they aren't going to turn up for Spa and Le Mans then disappear as others have done before them.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 10:49:47 pm »

This is proof they're taking it very seriously (I hope)

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 03:49:09 pm »

Glickenhaus has been screwed by Aston Martin which delayed their development.   

It's due to AMR that engine regs have been changed which meant Glickenhaus' deal to use Alfa Romeo engines went bust, only for AMR cancelling their Valkyrie project months later (which wasn't really unexpected, but the damage had been done).   I guess that might have delayed the development of the car as the new engine needed to be fitted in correctly.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: