Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 09:21:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Info please Arnage Campsite  (Read 2280 times)
Ian (Liverpool Boys)

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2022, 10:25:53 am »

What do people think about the Arnage campsite with regards to Facilities etc.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 02:02:48 pm »

Limited from what I have seen in the past, much like Mulsanne. But handy for the track and not a millions miles from Arnage village.

But see http://www.beermountain.com/p/arnage.html it may be a bit out of date but I doubt it's changed much.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 06:43:30 pm »

A few pics and a short description can be found in the CA Wiki, but it's from 2012: http://www.clubarnage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ca_guide:campsites-general-info

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 11:10:11 pm »

I have been there every year since 2008 (with 2 exceptions) and have tickets to be back this year. Has changed a lot since 2008, not least the destruction of a lot of trees and a damn road right through the middle - see attached pic!

The facilities though are a lot better - (semi-)permanent portacabin showers and toilets - don't have a count readily available but OK up till about Sat & Sun morning when the queues are not too bad. Broadly OK facilities. Reasonable mix of nationalities - possibly a dash quieter than some other sites?

Killer feature is the new viewing area around Indianapolis, complete with its own big screen. The old viewing section on Arnage corner itself has been trimmed by the new layout which does make a crush of folk trying to spot glowing brake discs but I keep pondering whether to just get an Arnage/Mulsanne entrance ticket instead of Enceinte Generale, the viewing is that good (for me)! And being able to totter back to your pitch as wanted is the cream on the ...

* old-and-new-arnage-section.jpg (92.49 KB, 960x463 - viewed 365 times.)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 03:17:58 pm »

Camping I have no idea but I always head there end of the race to watch and its great. As above a lot of changes over recent years and great viewing.

chrismc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2022, 06:17:43 pm »

Arriving to this campsite a week Wednesday!

Does anybody know what route we’ll need to take for access & how busy the site is likely to be by Wednesday afternoon?

2000 Honda Integra Type R
2011 BMW E91 330d
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 10:14:53 am »

Does anybody know what route we’ll need to take for access & how busy the site is likely to be by Wednesday afternoon?

The campsites open early this year so it may be busy by Wednesday.

Depending on your direction of travel but you'll probably need to go via Arnage and follow the signs, to get to the campsite as the track will be in use of course  Grin

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 12:57:16 pm »

Likely 50-80% full Weds afternoon. Currently virtually empty. Could struggle to get lots of adjacent pitches - how many do you need?

Yesterday Waze was routing through Le Mans and the roadworks there (from 2019!) are finished so pretty free run. My standby favourite if Le Mans is jammed is A11 direction Paris then A28 to Tours. Exit 24  via Ruaudin, Mulsanne then Virage d'Arnage
chrismc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 07:58:09 pm »

Thanks gents

We will be at Folkestone by 1 or 2am on Weds- so I’m hoping we might just luck in & get to travel earlier.

Current itinerary has us ETA to Arnage around 1600-1700.

Just the one motorhome for us (FP54). Fingers crossed we’ll squeeze ourselves in somewhere

Chris

2011 BMW E91 330d
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2022, 01:59:13 pm »

How was the campsite?

chrismc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 02:22:14 pm »

How was the campsite?

Really good tbh!

Access was easy & the site was still relatively empty on Weds afternoon. We were able to pick our pitch & spread out a bit. Toilets/showers were a 30sec walk. Clean & warm showers til Sun AM

We watched a good bit of the race sat on top of the motorhome soaking up the atmosphere.

My only suggestion for the organisers would be to keep the campsite pedestrian access separate to that of the public viewing area- so access to the campsite area is only allowable with a camping pass- rather than the public being able to mill about. Whilst the access was controlled at the main entrance for both public & campers (& there was no hint of any issues)- I think most folk would feel more secure if non-camping spectators weren’t allowed free roam about the campsite

Aside from that maybe a couple of more vendors rather than the single offering- & more public conveniences!

2011 BMW E91 330d
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 07:32:45 pm »

How was the campsite?

Really good tbh!

Access was easy & the site was still relatively empty on Weds afternoon. We were able to pick our pitch & spread out a bit. Toilets/showers were a 30sec walk. Clean & warm showers til Sun AM

We watched a good bit of the race sat on top of the motorhome soaking up the atmosphere.

My only suggestion for the organisers would be to keep the campsite pedestrian access separate to that of the public viewing area- so access to the campsite area is only allowable with a camping pass- rather than the public being able to mill about. Whilst the access was controlled at the main entrance for both public & campers (& there was no hint of any issues)- I think most folk would feel more secure if non-camping spectators weren’t allowed free roam about the campsite

Aside from that maybe a couple of more vendors rather than the single offering- & more public conveniences!
I always go there at the end of the race and had the same thoughts any tom dick or harry could wonder over to your gear and leave tbh but seemed a nice quite site.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2022, 12:50:01 am »

That used to cause problems in the old days in Maison Blanche camping.
chrismc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2022, 10:08:39 am »

How was the campsite?

Really good tbh!

I always go there at the end of the race and had the same thoughts any tom dick or harry could wonder over to your gear and leave tbh but seemed a nice quite site.

Fortunately I didn’t see one bit of bother & everyone was well behaved.

Just a pity our awesome Friday cut long best part of a lap was ruined by scrotes lifting our bikes from the tram stop. Triple locked in plain site too.  Roll Eyes Huh

2011 BMW E91 330d
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: