Club Arnage
April 16, 2024, 11:39:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This years big questions  (Read 1307 times)
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« on: April 05, 2022, 07:08:38 pm »

Does anyone travel regularly on the ferries between the UK and France?  Do you get strip searched for bacon!

In the year of Foot and Mouth, they couldn't be bothered, but my caravan was searched for illegal immigrants in recent years, and it carries a normal quantity of essentials, beer, wine and bacon.

Secondly, with a quarter of the population of the UK and France having Covid, will the tribunes become a Petri dish.  Should I buy a Hazmat suit now?

Finally - P&O, what a mess

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 10:57:35 pm »

Probably not but if you went via Holland yes - no Ham sandwiches allowed  Cry

P&O is a proper cluster feck. I've spent the last few weeks trying to get clarity on if my Hull - Rotterdam would be running next week. As I am on the Pride of Hull it ran for a night then they pulled it........... So finally they have said I can have a refund. No refunds through covid just credits, go to use credit and now getting a refund and have a nice long drive to Germany yay  Undecided

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 06:30:51 pm »

Does anyone travel regularly on the ferries between the UK and France?  Do you get strip searched for bacon!

In the year of Foot and Mouth, they couldn't be bothered, but my caravan was searched for illegal immigrants in recent years, and it carries a normal quantity of essentials, beer, wine and bacon.

Secondly, with a quarter of the population of the UK and France having Covid, will the tribunes become a Petri dish.  Should I buy a Hazmat suit now?

Finally - P&O, what a mess

You are probably ok on the way out, but don't forget the Duty Free limits on the way back, just 24 bottles of wine and 42 litres of beer per person, entering the EU the limit is just 16 litres of beer. 
Note that if you get caught over the limits then you pay duty on the whole lot not just the excess.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 08:54:29 pm »

.....P&O is a proper cluster feck. I've spent the last few weeks trying to get clarity on if my Hull - Rotterdam would be running next week. As I am on the Pride of Hull it ran for a night then they pulled it........... So finally they have said I can have a refund. No refunds through covid just credits, go to use credit and now getting a refund and have a nice long drive to Germany yay  Undecided
Strangely the sister ship, Pride of Rotterdam is still running.  It's Dutch owned but "managed" by P&O.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 08:19:58 pm »

.....P&O is a proper cluster feck. I've spent the last few weeks trying to get clarity on if my Hull - Rotterdam would be running next week. As I am on the Pride of Hull it ran for a night then they pulled it........... So finally they have said I can have a refund. No refunds through covid just credits, go to use credit and now getting a refund and have a nice long drive to Germany yay  Undecided
Strangely the sister ship, Pride of Rotterdam is still running.  It's Dutch owned but "managed" by P&O.

I know! They said i can move the date of travel / return to get it but I cant change other things so couldnt.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: