Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 03:19:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Ferraris  (Read 4601 times)
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2004, 07:07:07 pm »

Sorry if this is an old story but I saw this the other day - what a story.

Just imagine opening those doors and seeing this little stash covered in dust.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/312ferrari1.jpg

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/312ferrari2.jpg

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/312ferrari3.jpg

« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 07:07:56 pm by Dave H » Logged
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 01:11:35 am »

Awesome Dave!!!

Even being a Porsche chappie, older Ferraris (generally pre-1980s) still create stirrings and what an article ..... never seen it before. Thanks for those links!!!

Grin
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 02:16:40 pm »

That is great reading!

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 02:49:25 pm »

That is great reading!

It is a great article, but... help, tell me how to actually read it I can only see the fantastic photos! Do I have to do something technical? I would love the words to go with the pics, all I get is a blur of pseudotext. The cars look amazing... and the dust... (no its not amazing, I get dust under my bed that's better than that!) Cheesy

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 03:34:46 pm »

Hey Perdu:

When you open each link it opens as a webpage.  It may depend on your opereating system, but if you're using anything somewhat new (Windows ME, 2000 or XP), if you simply put your mouse over any of the article (without clicking anything) it will show you a 4 icons at the top left of the screen and an expansion icon at the bottom right.  Click on the expansion icon and it will maximize the image on the webpage so you can read it.

If you don't get that, right click on the article on the page and save it to your hard drive as a jpeg.  Then open it in whatever picture viewing software you have on your PC and enlarge it/magnify it from there.  That should do the trick.

dh
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 03:37:16 pm by Dave H » Logged
Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 06:23:20 pm »

not sure if the old codger was damn stupid to leave a $50 mil collection of f's in his shed or not. couldn't exactly get them under the matress i guess. i wonder if he knew their true value at the time. what a find though.
i'll have the red one please.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 07:49:10 pm »

Matt and I were talking about this.  He was obviously sourcing a fair bit of this little lot from Sebring related events over the years - as Matt says, he was probably hanging around a scraping-up bits and bobs over the years.  Remember, the market for this stuff wouldn't have existed in the 60s and 70s like it started to in the late 80s and 90s.

I just gives me chills thinking about opening that door and seeing all that kit.  I guess I'm a sucker for those stories of what's lurking in an old garage or barn in the middle of nowhere that some old granny has kept hold of as a momento of her long dead husband.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 10:08:30 pm »

Thanks DaveH, XP does more for me day by day!

If le mans SPS is having the red one, can I have the red one with writing on it, please? Any old transfers will do! Bloody hell what a treasury, In two hundred years a beautiful girl will tell tales of those cars to prevent herself being flogged off to some rich git, or dagged off to bed or summat!

Bloody hell..... Cool

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 10:18:38 pm »

or the dusty one. not picky.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 12:34:14 am »

I could smell that garage just by looking at the pics.
Great story guys
PM
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 10:32:13 am »

I could smell that garage just by looking at the pics.
Great story guys
PM

What you mean to say is you were sniffing one of your musty mags at the time!!

Put that sock down PM, save it 'til June!  Lips Sealed

Grin
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 02:39:23 pm »

Thats a find and a half. Ill have any please, but not the Boxer, never liked the look of them. I like the Jody S F1 car.

Last year out in Italy, at a wine fair in Verona, on one of the stands of a sprits producer, there was G Vs Ferrari hanging from the roof. It looked complete, but very much batterd.

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2004, 10:32:36 pm »

Wow, you're a rare animal, not liking the 512BB, Bobblehat.
I once worked for a guy who was partial to Ferraris He originally had a 308 GTS and I shared the drive down to Le Mans in 1984 in it. It was the first 'supercar' I ever drove and thought it was fantastic. A year later he bought a 512 Boxer. It was a f**k*ng missile for it's time. He once asked me to take it somewhere to have the stereo fixed. I was at a T junction on Hastings sea front, waiting to turn right, with the front wheels on about 50% right lock. A gap opened up in the traffic and I dumped the clutch. This damn car was so torquey that it just snow-ploughed straight forward until I lifted-off, at which point the back end came around so fast, I wacked my head on the side glass. It was a beast and sounded utterly fantastic.
I saw one quite recently and did think it looked outdated a bit (mainly the size and profile of the wheels/tyres - but still a classic - beautiful Pinninfarina lines. The Sofia Loren of the auto world.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2004, 11:17:12 pm »

Its it the old school boy poster wars thing Matt. I have always have been a lambo man and its the Countach every time. But as I have never driven either, and prob never will, I will never know wich is better to drive, but on looks, Lambo Lambo Lambo.

Hats of to you tho for trying to boot a 512 thro a T junction, wish I had seen it.

But of the Ferraris, any thing with 250 in it will do fine, most deffiantly a SWB, but I guess I will drive that too

Never drive the car of your dreams, it will only disapoint!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: