Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 03:08:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pizza deliverymen 2003!  (Read 1673 times)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2004, 11:07:15 pm »

I went Pompey - Le  Havre last year (to the race, silly) and sitting in the Club lounge I was reading the freebie AUTOCAR or Classics monthly , whatever about some guys from England that were going to ride pizza bikes from Uk to Italy on the weekend of The Race intending to scrounge the ingredients from some restaurant and deliver it unannounced to somebody in Italy. It said that they were going via Le Mans and intended to be at the race before the rest of the trip to Italy.

As andynick and I set off into the Fench adventure (first time driving in France for us) we set off into the overnight darkness intending to stay overnight at Gace en-route. Toodling along we passed the said group on their Honda mopeds and gave them a hearty wave. About twenty minutes later in the dark (on God knows what road, I'd become lost in France by then [hencethe nickname!] ) they pobbled past us while I was losing some unwanted on voyage extra liquid in the dark. A shout and a wave and they were gone again. Ten minutes or less later we passed them again, horn blonking and waving like the pair of loonies I am. Got to Gace, went to bed and drove down fresh on Saturday morning. When we were in the circuit near Tertre Rouge in the evening we met up with them and had a chat. They said that the security at the circuit were being less helpful than necessary and were last seen pushing the mopeds towards the Dunlop Bridge vicinity.
End of long story, anyone know how their adventure panned out? Huh

I sorta hope they made it to Italy Smiley

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 08:33:25 pm »

OK I went trawling through the net to find them! Google Magic!

They made it to Rome but didn't finish as planned at Salerno. Rome is some achievement on little  Honda 90's. Bigger loonies than me, even. There is a photo of them at Pisa, by the leaning tower. They had a blast around the track at Le Mans before they left, 50mph... Smiley

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 09:47:21 pm »

Whilst MrRS2 won't be delivering Pizza - he will be doing his best to drive our 50cc scooter from Dol de Bretagne to Le Mans this year

He does plan to take the scenic route and will be setting off on the Sunday before the race - so if you see him, or get stuck behind him even, then give him a loud 'beep' from me.

Of course I will have already set up camp, filled the pool and sitting in it with the Liverpool Boys sipping Perrier by the time he gets there (with a face full of dead flies - lovely)

RS2 Babe

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: